The Olympics (2 Viewers)

Expert to Rio athletes: 'Don't put your head under water'

Just days ahead of the Olympic Games the waterways of Rio de Janeiro are as filthy as ever, contaminated with raw human sewage teeming with dangerous viruses and bacteria, according to a 16-month-long study commissioned by The Associated Press.

Not only are some 1,400 athletes at risk of getting violently ill in water competitions, but the AP's tests indicate that tourists also face potentially serious health risks on the golden beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana.

The AP's survey of the aquatic Olympic and Paralympic venues has revealed consistent and dangerously high levels of viruses from the pollution, a major black eye on Rio's Olympic project that set off alarm bells among sailors, rowers and open-water swimmers.

recreational drug, apparently.

which I very much don't believe.

Or at least, I don't believe thats all he took.

I doubt it too. He'd hardly be that dumb to risk it all on a recreational drug. Very disappointing. Casts doubts on the others now... which I realise is unfair, but can't be helped.

Just like the Armitstead case, theres so much thats dodgy about this case, and it seems that the testers are going to be hung out every time an athlete misses 3 tests in future.

The one think I don't get is that the article quotes the Italian federation president as saying the strikes de Rosa got within 2 days of each other were expunged from the record immediately. If thats the case why is this even a story?

Unless its not the case, which would be more along the lines of what I'd suspect.

this is great. However, I fear for that North Korean girl when she gets home.

north-korea-south-korea-gymnasts-selfie-olympics-5.jpg

the brits don't do subtelty, do they?

I long for the day that someone breaks ranks and spills all on the british lottery funded state sponsored doping program. It'll make what happened in Russia look tame by comparison.

Peaty, Wiggins, Farah. All fucking frauds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back