The Next Election (1 Viewer)

whats so bad about shin fane?

a person i know has said that he'd never vote for sinn fein because of them kidnapping shergar :)

Leo Varadker is a horrible creation. I mean, how can you attack Fianna Fáil from the right? But he and his horrible craven little party manage to do it. Where else would this happen? Israel?
We're all looking at 15% reductions made up of taxation and pay cuts, except for high earners who pay enough tax as it is. That's his take.

varadkar annoys me alot. what dublin west people voted him in for, i don't know.

Back in 2002 I went along to some Green Party meetings with the intention of joining the party.
I was severely disillusioned. Their candidates operated almost independently of eachother and there was no co-ordination. It was literally every one out for themselves.
Trevor Sergeant did the right thing and refused to join the government when the party decided to get in to bed with Fianna Fail. Frankly John Gormley et al had personal ambitions which superceded the general goals and objectives of environmentally-driven politics.

I will never give a vote for Sin Fein. I can't say for certain, but if they're not the richest party in Ireland, they're certainly among the top two or three. They receive enormous private donations from the United States. When it suits them they play up their associations with the IRA to get more money.
They spend huge sums on electioneering and frankly they stand for little more than getting themselves power.

Fianna Fail are, and will always be, a party that attracts corrupt people. They don't stand for anything other than wanting to be in power.
They will never bring any significant changes because the sole purpose of the party for the past forty years is to maintain a status quo.
Fine Gael are the same - just with more upper class people. They'll watch rugby and not GAA.

Irish politics will only start to work and become relevant to people when Fianna Fail fall apart.

Labour could become significant and do something - but I think they could turn out to be like New Labour in Britain.

There needs to be a new political party in Ireland. Simple as that.

Libertas!!!

no, no, no....although I'd've thought Cowen would be considering an election to give Joe Public the confidence to vote yes on Lisbon:The Return Match

not so negative on the shinners..they appear to have a vision, however criticisable

i may just vote with my feet and get the fuck out of this country.

FF suck and enda kenny is a slimey little weed. labour are the only party i would consider voting for (but they need to come up with a viable economic plan as Gambra said - and as squiggle suggested, a large vote in the direction of independents might tug the carpet from under leinster house). The last time I remember voting in an election, I voted Green. not again.

it's like being starving and there being nothing in the fridge except mouldy veggies.

fuck it, maybe i'll just vote for Rick Astley.

Trevor Sergeant did the right thing and refused to join the government when the party decided to get in to bed with Fianna Fail. .

How so? He's a Minister of State in a Fianna Fail Govt.

He said we wouldn't go into Govt with FF, then resigned, so someone else could bring his party into Govt with them, and then he took a job as a Minister of State.

He said we wouldn't go into Govt with FF, then resigned, so someone else could bring his party into Govt with them, and then he took a job as a Minister of State.
Seconded. The whole thing was very disappointing and I think Sergent came out of it very badly.

Oh right... I didn't know that.

Well, he's a prick too.

I don't know why everyone professes disillusionment with the Greens. What did you expect? I think they're doing pretty ok given the nature of their support base and their level of inexperience.

I hear the civil servants laugh at John Gormley because he has to ask them to interpret what's going on in the govt for him - fuck them, says I, having the courage to seem stupid in order to learn is a good thing in my book. I'm going to keep voting Green, the longer they stay in power the better at it they're going to get, and maybe they'll attract some better people

I don't know why everyone professes disillusionment with the Greens. What did you expect? I think they're doing pretty ok given the nature of their support base and their level of inexperience.
I would go along with you. The Greens don't hold the balance of power right now, do they? If they pulled out of government, it would still stand. So they might as well stay in and try to affect whatever environmental policies they can. I would imagine that if the independents started leaving the coalition, the Greens would reconsider their position.

Anyway in 2007 the people of Ireland were happy to continue with the credit-driven-speculation-house-of-cards program of government that was being followed in this country. It was great when everything was on the up. But now we as a country got what we deserve, a big mess. Fianna Fail did not vote themselves in.

I'm going to keep voting Green, the longer they stay in power the better at it they're going to get, and maybe they'll attract some better people
agreed; i'd say if the greens pulled out of government, it'd be even worse for them. their detractors would use it as an excuse to hammer home an 'inexperienced greens can't take the heat' line.
they're a party with a primarily environmental agenda, and things have definitely improved on that front since they went into government; so they're doing the job that people voted for them to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back