the motor tax office (1 Viewer)

again, in leitrim, you just walk right in and don't have to wait. You're better driving the two hours there and the two hours back instead of waiting in that hellhole. Once i forgot some paper and had to go and come back. Mongo central indeed.

Less queue's in general. And peopel who complain about the queue's these days should hope they never get a jant in my time machine. 'Cos I'll bring them back to the early 90's.

Mongo Central alright though

i wasn't referring to the employees or qs- they were fine

more just how it's a fairly representative cross section of society

I was there this morning and the queues moved really quickly.

I was renewing my prov driving licence which expires on 31 March.
They took my current one as part of the process and it will take ten working days to issue me a new one.

Anybody know if I am I legally allow to drive without one in the meantime (all I have is a receipt that I have applied for a 2nd one)?

when driving you have to swerve from side to side to let other motorists know that you're in between licences

AFAIK, you're not allowed to drive without one.

However, it'd be some bollix of a Guard that would prosecute if you had the receipt. And they'd probably just make you bring your particulars up within the eleven (is it eleven) days?

If you had them, a judge would probably let you away with it.

Someone please prove me wrong. I know many people in the same boat.

When i was getting the licence, the lady behind the counter handed me the slip thing and said "if you get asked to produce your licence between now and getting your new one in the post, just show them the receipt and you'll be fine".

Anybody know if I am I legally allow to drive without one in the meantime (all I have is a receipt that I have applied for a 2nd one)?

Probably not but..this is Ireland, sure who's going to stop you?

While I was waiting for my tax to come through I had a print out of my emails to the motor tax people which explained the delay

I was stopped at a checkpoint and the garda took my word for it

i was the victim of police harassment last week

apparantly it's illegal to go through red lights!

i'm far too charming to bother fining or giving penalty points to

I assume the same applies for Road Tax?

The thing is, I'm pretty sure that when they changed the law to force you to have your licence on you at all times (wonder how many people have lost theirs as a result - Score! More income for the council....), then a receipt was of no use.

Still, what cop in their right mind would risk the wrath of the local magistrate for something so petty?

(Don't answer that...there's rakes of them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back