Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
......because there has to be one

lechuckm2.gif

and nothing from 3 or 4 except Murray

I liked 3 a lot. Never finished it though - first Monkey Island I didn't complete :( I really liked the bit where you had to get a map from the guy's back-tattoo by ripping off his sunburn. Deadly.

Four can go and fuck.

There's a site called Buy a car for Ron Gilbert where you can donate money to buy the Monkey Island creator a car. So far, they have $218, which is probably what it costs to keep the server running.

New avatar!

Man o man, I used to play this on the PC when I was a kid, what a game, endless hours of fun...they don't make them like they used ta!

I is John said:
......because there has to be one

lechuckm2.gif

and nothing from 3 or 4 except Murray

Monkey Island and LeChuck's Revenge were my favourite games as a kid. I remember I rented out the first Monkey Island game from that old computer game rental shop "Computer World" (Computer Zone?) back when I owned an Amiga 500.

I copied the five discs it came on because they had no copy protection, instead the copy protection was this cardboard code wheel thing with lots of pirate island names , faces and dates, and the game asked you a question at the start and you had to match up the faces and names to answer the question. So using some paper and a thumb tac I made my own code wheel (complete with crude copies of the pirate faces, you needed them to complete the code!) so I could play the game after I left it back to Computer World (Does anybody else remember this place? It was on Cathal Brugha St or somewhere around there)!

I thought LeChuck's revenge was even better, I was in Mayo when that one came out and had to get a bus all the way to Galway to buy it, Smyths was the only shop that had it.

[size=-1]Those of you who (like me) hated Monkey Island 3 and 4 would be pleased to know that Ron Gilbert left LucasArts before they made Monkey Island 3, and that he was never consulted during the making of either 3 or 4, and that he doesn't like them either. (at least according to a few interviews I've read) :)
[/size]

you deserve all the rep in the world for this thread, best games every. i remember playing Monkey Island 2 on the Atari ST with 13 disks!! but it was worth it you should get your hands on scummvm its an emulator thats made for all the old point and click games, like monkey island, sam & max and simon the sorceror.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade/Fate of Atlantis point and click.
Illy McPhilly.
Aboard the Zeppelin.
Click: Radio/Use: Hands.
Indy: "You want me to open the radio with my Bare hands.......? Ok".
Indy proceeds to destroy.
The DS apparently has one of these coming out thats spozed to be pretty good. Another Code:Two Memories. Might be cool with that PDA Interface if yr down with that VYYYYYBBBBEEE!
But yeah Monkey Island is where it was at, is at and always might be at.

Thayl said:
Monkey Island and LeChuck's Revenge were my favourite games as a kid. I remember I rented out the first Monkey Island game from that old computer game rental shop "Computer World" (Computer Zone?) back when I owned an Amiga 500.

I copied the five discs it came on because they had no copy protection, instead the copy protection was this cardboard code wheel thing with lots of pirate island names , faces and dates, and the game asked you a question at the start and you had to match up the faces and names to answer the question. So using some paper and a thumb tac I made my own code wheel (complete with crude copies of the pirate faces, you needed them to complete the code!) so I could play the game after I left it back to Computer World (Does anybody else remember this place? It was on Cathal Brugha St or somewhere around there)!

Mate of mine did the very same thing - made the codewheel himself using greaseproof paper - i still have it knocking about somewhere n all. Took me years to finish this game. I got stuck on the bit where you're in LeChuck's cabin and you have to get the keys. One day I saw a tip on the ITV text (how random) to use the magnetic compass to get the keys off the hook. Brilliant. HAR!! HAR!!! HAR!!!

piratebosses.jpg

we photcopied the wheel. however, photocopiers in them days weren't up to much, thus making it near impossible to see what the fuck you were doing. ah memories.

so come on people, how's about Maniac Mansion?

the deluxe version or the original?

Ever see the sitcom maniac mansion? It was based on the game despite the fact that it had almost nothing to do with it

Play Monkey Island on your Nintendo DS
Related entries: Hacks, Nintendo DS, Online

Leave to the mod community to make something you never thought of in the first place, but now you wouldn’t want to live without. The newest addition to the unofficial Nintendo DS library is a SCUMM library. For those in the dark, SCUMM was the engine that ran all of LucasArts’ adventure games, back when they made games without Star Wars in the title. That includes Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and most of the Monkey Island games - all games that, whether or not you love high-quality adventure games, are extremely funny. And the best part is that this emulator utilizes the DS’s touch screen as a pseudo-mouse for clicking on the option.

I is John said:
the deluxe version or the original?

Ever see the sitcom maniac mansion? It was based on the game despite the fact that it had almost nothing to do with it

They had a cartoon of Sam & Max as well at one point.

eh?

EH?

there's a new monkey island out and I'd heard nothing.

and a remake of the original.

anyone played them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back