The Leftovers - New HBO series (1 Viewer)

"a 10-episode first season" says wikipedia

see now this gives me the cancellation without resolution fear. But I suppose there's always the book.

Haven't read the book but a friend has and he is worried that they won't be able to sustain the story over multiple seasons. Great review for the first episode on the AV Club. Have this downloading for when I get home.

Damon Lindelof is involved in this.
He has a history of awfulness.
Having said that I haven't experienced his HBO writing.

On the fence from the pilot episode.

Anyone know the song that was playing when the regular people and the smokers (GR?) had their fracas at the hero commemoration thing? It sounded Fuck Buttons-like.

Was quite good, I liked all the various cults and preacher figures.
Thought some of the music cues were a bit over done (especially at the end).

Thought the daughter saying cunt multiple times was probably Damon Lindelof feeling cool being on HBO (maybe she say's it multiple times in the book, I don't know).

Ultimately though this may very well be another on of those HBO shows (True Blood comes to mind) that could pretty much be on any network tv station if not for the swearing and nudity.

I watched the first two. Haven't been assed watching 3 and 4. Are they worth watching or is the show actually just meh?

I watched the first two. Haven't been assed watching 3 and 4. Are they worth watching or is the show actually just meh?
It's meh. The American critics have been raving about the most recent episode and in fairness Christopher Eccleston is good in it but I just didn't really care what was happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back