The Jimmy Cake - Tough Love (1 Viewer)

if i remember correctly, section a was a nod to arnold dreyblatt's nodal excitation

There was a regular set-piece that got dropped because people were so unhappy about the flagrant Dreyblatt-ism of it.

i don't really remember. is there a recording of the full set (as opposed to just the 'perfect smoke' section)?

that was the 'black lace' section - best forgotten.

Full recording is still MIA ... sad state of affairs for a compulsive archivist.

The conga-line section was supposed to be a nod to Afrika 70 and to the Sun-Ra Arkestra ... that part really needed more rehearsal :-D

I look forward to the future court cases over ownership of the name for those lucrative reunion tours. @Vinnie's Jimmy Cake vs @Diumraid's The Jimmy Cake vs The Jimmy Cake featuring Paul G.Smyth

I can totally see this happening once the big bucks start rolling in. What about that future incarnation with NO original members ... remember that? LOL

Very first Jimmy Cake gig was Simon, Vince, John, Dee, Lisa, Rory, Me. The last one was Vince, John, Dee, Lisa, Me and Parx, and Parx has been tootling for a decade or more. So we're still pretty Original. We're a ways away from Buffalo Springfield territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back