The Jay Reatard Thread (1 Viewer)

The Yank told me he read someplace that the man had been caning it pretty hard lately....

Any speculation as to cause?

He'd complained on his twitter feed recently of feeling unwell and run down for the past few weeks.

Edit: On the subject of his twitter I love the fact that his final tweet reads, "I will give anyone a hundred bucks per tire that they pop on the band liquor stores van ! Yes I'm serious." Dickish 'ol Jay to the end.

The Yank told me he read someplace that the man had been caning it pretty hard lately....

This is copied from another message board (they got it somewhere else) so possibly bullshit but anyway.

"He tried to attack us with a chainsaw after throwin around wads of money and burnin 20s and askin us if we thought he was a sellout but he was so fd on coke he couldnt even turn it on then he hit me in the face with a disco ball full of sand and cracked my nose open and kicked us out of his house after he invited us there to stay there and i was all bloody and my friends slashed his tires it sucked He was smokin coke out of a skull bong and freebasin and had 50 grand in his closet"

"He tried to attack us with a chainsaw after throwin around wads of money and burnin 20s and askin us if we thought he was a sellout but he was so fd on coke he couldnt even turn it on then he hit me in the face with a disco ball full of sand and cracked my nose open and kicked us out of his house after he invited us there to stay there and i was all bloody and my friends slashed his tires it sucked He was smokin coke out of a skull bong and freebasin and had 50 grand in his closet"

That's how I want to go.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/011410-mpd-investigating-jay-reatard's-death-as-homicide
MPD Investigating Jay Reatard's Death as Homicide
Updated: Thursday, 14 Jan 2010, 3:24 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 14 Jan 2010, 2:32 PM CST

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Memphis Police are searching for a possible suspect in Wednesday's death of Memphis musician Jay Reatard at his Cooper-Young home.

Officers were called to the 900-block of Meda around 3:30am and found 29-year old Jimmy Lindsey, Jr., also known as Jay Reatard, dead on arrival. The Homicide Bureau is handling this as an ongoing investigation.

Anyone with information that could help police are urged to call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH (2247). You can also submit your tip at www.528cash.org, or you can text your tip by typing the keyword AWARD to 274637 (CRIMES). If an arrest is made, you could be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1000 from Crime Stoppers of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc.

I read an interview done by some flute who was completely stunned by the wildness of Reatards lifestyle- drink, soft drugs, all night parties and then having to do stuff the next day. The caning didn't seem particularly heavy. I'd say 9/10 thumped users have an equally 'mad' lifestyle.

Very sad news for any number of reasons up to and including the fact that he was very young and the fact that he was very talented.

Possibly murder?

Now thats fucking Rock'n'Roll.

Go Jay!

From Pitchfork an hour ago:

Memphis's Commercial Appeal reports that punk rock singer-songwriter Jay Reatard passed away on January 13 due to "cocaine toxicity, and that alcohol was a contributing factor in his death." (Via Stereogum.) He was 29.

From Pitchfork an hour ago:

Memphis's Commercial Appeal reports that punk rock singer-songwriter Jay Reatard passed away on January 13 due to "cocaine toxicity, and that alcohol was a contributing factor in his death." (Via Stereogum.) He was 29.

Twice as sweet as sugar, twice as bitter as salt
And if you get hooked, baby, it's nobody else's fault, so don't do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back