The Jay Reatard Thread (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I was chatting about him to someone at the Dudley's launch on Friday. Has he ever played here? Would you feel pissed if he did and only did a 25 minute set?

He's putting out a split 7" with Deerhunter (coincidentally I'm right now wearing the same deerhunter shirt as he is in that pic) at the end of the month, should be good.

Stan Bowles

Contributor
Threads
RIMSOURCE told a load of us about him ages ago. I originally said he was a bad strokes rip off merchant after hearing the blood visions single, but I was very wrong.

Easily one of the best bands at the pitchfork ATP, and Blood Visions the album is a great record. He certainly hasn't played here in the last year or so anyway.

I mostly like the way he sings in an english accent.

The septic

Threads
He's amazing. Loads of stuff out there, all of it hard to come by. lost sounds, final solutions, the reatards, angry angles, the list goes on. Wikepedia has got a great history/discography. He hasn't played here. He played in England a month or two ago. The live stuff I've heard is stunning. I would be happy with 15 minutes, which is how long he usually plays.

I'm not mad about the matador stuff he's released recently. But blood visions and his first four or five 7"s are class.

TheDonnasTurn21

Threads
Website
Visit site
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh-nuh
blood visions!
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh-nuh
blood visions!

a GREAT album. the cover of 'we who wait' is brilliant. as is the 'night of broken glass' ep.

nothing more to add.

if he played here, i'd go.

.|..|

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads