the hollows/paul o'reilly/pat cannon/big monster love gig (1 Viewer)

thanks a million to everyone who came out to this last night. think everyone who played had an amazing time. a lovely crowd and a lovely room. highlights for me were definately big monster love and his casio.

big thanks to neassa who came all the way from galway for it. nuts!!!

Up with this sort of thing!

Really enjoyed all the lads who played. Damien Dempsey has nothing on Big Monster Love, the complete Dublin songsmith, lyrics with zero pretention and a lot of heart/sincerity. Casio stuff was class.

The Pat Cannons were perfectly understated, complimented rather than hindered by the noisy passing traffic. Never seen 40 people so respectful to a completly stripped musician (in a non-naked way)

The Hollows brought everyone down to a blissfully meloncholic state but were still loved for it. They play funerals you know. Is lush too overused?

Paul O' Reilly, well I think someone said it best when they said "I want what he's smoking". The happiest, most content and baring performance of the night. Gorgeous vocals over deft guitar meanderings. The daft monkey got so carried away with the lovliness of it all he gave away all his recordings on CD and Vinyl for FREE at the end! What a lovely man.

More of this sort of thing please.
Niall

Really sorry i missed this but i'm sick, it was raining tropical style and it was three hours til doors so i decided to go home after work.yes more

chutneyfarmer said:
thanks a million to everyone who came out to this last night. think everyone who played had an amazing time. a lovely crowd and a lovely room. highlights for me were definately big monster love and his casio.

big thanks to neassa who came all the way from galway for it. nuts!!!

What a truly superb evening. Wouldn't have missed it for the world!:)Lemme know about the next!xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back