The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies (1 Viewer)

Maleno

Contributor
eade699de38bbb3b3362155b382fcf17_L.jpg

The conclusion to Peter Jackson's Tolkein project is "no more sophisticated than Die Hard, or an episode of Spartacus: Blood & Sand," says Ian Maleney

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanted to love this trilogy, but it was 5 hours too long.
There wasn't much to the 3D version.
In the words of the kid " they just dragged it out for no reason. No one looks into the distance for a full minute!!" And "I could have read it twice by now, and had more fun that way".

I really wanted to love this trilogy, but it was 5 hours too long.
There wasn't much to the 3D version.
In the words of the kid " they just dragged it out for no reason. No one looks into the distance for a full minute!!" And "I could have read it twice by now, and had more fun that way".
I loved the trilogy but simultaneously I admit that they are overblown, shite films, tonally all over the shop and with all sorts of ham-fisted additions.

still though, this bit is the best ever,

HighFells3.jpg

just gimme the Adventures of Gandalf film

Last edited:
I didn't see the second one but I thought the first was way better than any the LOTR ones
no way man, it went from dwarves having a lovely, comedic dwarven sing-along for the kids to the necromancer bringing down unholy evil, all in the space of about 10 mins. Plus Radagast and his fucking rabbit sleigh FFS GO AWAY, they RUINED his entire character.

I disliked the LOTR movies so much that I swore I wouldn't watch the Hobbit. I thought LOTR was really dumbed down and the most interesting qualities of the characters and plot were completely over-looked. Making Gimli a comedic Dungeons & Dragons type character broke my heart, he's one of my favorite characters in the books.

So anyway, I ended up watching the Hobbit and thought it was great. I love Martin Freeman as Bilbo and the dwarves are much more like I imagined when I read the book. The only thing I find a bit stupid is the elf/dwarf love story.

I'm reading the Hobbit again for the first time in about a decade. So far I've been mainly surprised by how much of the dialogue was actually used in the films.

Yeah I was surprised when I heard they were making the hobbit into a trilogy. It would be cool I think if they did the Silmarillion but the rights to it were never sold and it is an unfinished work

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back