the hi-fi hospital - any use? (1 Viewer)

only experience i have with getting hi-fi repaired was getting my own amp fixed by cloney audio in blackrock. can't complain, that was about five years ago and it's been fine since.

The amp for my stereo is on the blink. Was thinking of bringing it to the hi-fi hospital in kells, but it doesn't really have much in the way of reviews online. Anyone here used them?
They are good, but not cheap.

The guy is very knowledgeable.

I got a vintage "case" /Dansette style player serviced a few years ago and it's been perfect ever since.

I got my Dad's 70s player done. It was more expensive than I thought, but it plays like new.

My brother got his done and it's been a nightmare. he brought it back and the guy tried again, but it's gone haywire again.

one reason i went to cloney is that they are (or were) the distributor for arcam, which is the make of the amp. cost me €90 i think.

I got my turntable seen in 2020 by Cloney and they did a load of work, charged me mainly for the parts rather than the work itself. Very quick, hardest part was finding on-street parking in Blackrock.

I've used them before, they had to source an obscure board for my amp, but it was no problem. Speedy enough, it wasn't that cheap, but they know their shit.

Was cheaper than buying a second hand version of the amp though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back