The Great Buy Thread (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Got one of these recently.

ART+TUBE+MP+PREAMPLI.JPG

I'm no expert, but it has improved the sound of my recordings ten fold.
Gorgeous warmth, because of the built in valve. Analoguey sound in the digital realm...
Also brilliant as a DI box for bass, you can even overdrive it a bit and it really sounds... I don't know: ampy (is that a word)

I reccomend it to anyone with a home recording set up, say goodbye to reedy sounding recordings.

and best of all it only cost me 40 bats! (reduced in thomann right now)

Anyone concur?

I was just going into the XLR port in my 410.
Got this when I ordered my mixer as it was so cheap.
Thought I'd chance it...
Fuckin delighted with the results.

I did'nt want to risk getting the one your on about, just in case. I'll prolly upgrade in a couple of months. Deadly yoke altogether

got one of G-Stereo's recommendation.. it rocks. excellent piece of kit.
hey ernie/aoboa do you use it in this regards:
using it as a usb sound card but using the onboard mic?
i find sometimes that theres weird delays when doing this. like if im monitoring from the 'puter its slightly delayed. which wrecks my head.

Nah - just use it as a portable recording device.
I've got an edirol UA25 and some decent mics if I need to record to the laptop but I got the zoom cos I didn't want to have to do this.

i find sometimes that theres weird delays when doing this. like if im monitoring from the 'puter its slightly delayed. which wrecks my head.

It's also a USB audio interface

The H4 also will also function as a direct audio interface for your PC. Connect the supplied USB cable and record directly to your computer. The H4 comes bundled with Cubase LE from Steinberg so you can start to produce and edit music on your PC, via the H4, straight away. Thanks to the direct hardware monitoring function, there is no latency problem, you can hear what you're recording as you're playing it.

Are you using said function?

I just bought a BOSS DD6 Digital Delay Pedal on ebay.

Why did I never buy pedals before? Because I was broke? Or ignorant? I just didn't get wiggling knobs and stamping on things as fun? Well I do now, I'm fucking sold. Flimsy shoe-gazing take-offs, here I come. I'll never write meaningful lyrics again!

hmm someone should really add roland sp 404 to this list.

Yup, I know we've had this chat g, but it's definitely the best piece of gear i've ever bought, it's completely changed the way i write songs. I was weary about using the effects at first but a couple of them are particularly good. Really love it

How good are the little builtin microphones on that Zoom H4?

Looks like a very handy piece of kit, suppose you'd have to buy one of their stands though to hold it upright if you had other mikes plugged into it.

Id say its a problem in your audio setup.
Sounds like you have a buffer on the audio in.

I have the Samson C03U mic, which has an annoying delay, but i managed to get it down to sweet fa with Asio 4 All, i was able to turn down the buffer as low as possible and it was sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back