The Great Buy Thread (1 Viewer)

i used a set of samson drum mics(4 clips and kick). not bad for the price. err what else could i say. ehm there was quite a difference between them and our usual akg mics.

I sort of fancy there C03, as a drity cheap multi pattern. I wouldn't mind playing with fig8 and omin patterns, but because of the less then stellar acoustics of where I record, there is probably no point in throwing down big $$$

Yup, I know we've had this chat g, but it's definitely the best piece of gear i've ever bought, it's completely changed the way i write songs. I was weary about using the effects at first but a couple of them are particularly good. Really love it

Yup, ive got one of the sp 555's

the effects on it are surprisingly good.

Im hooked on the bpm looper. great for messing with beats .

And the distortions on it are none too shabby

Alesis performance pad for only $100 US

Thought id share a bargain with ye....

I just recieved my Ion Digital Drum Station (ied040) in the door ordered from here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/99ae/

This is the EXACT SAME as the alesis performance pad which sells for 300 euros on thomman.de

No really, i mean it when i say it, theyre both the exact same with just a different logo.

The 233 drum sounds are the very same in the classic Alesis SR 16 drum machine.

You get free drumsticks ihp03 headphones, plus audio cable with the Ion, that you dont get with the alesis!

It cost $100 + $37 DHL, which works out at 88 euro.
Add on yer 10er for a voltage converter on ebay, and youre still saving 200 euro.

DHL are great, shipped Wednesday,
and got a call a half hour in advance today saying there would be customs charge of €17.57 which is exactly 21% of the total charge.

The guy who delivered it didnt know there was a charge until he saw me handing him the money, d'oh!
But i reckon id have a letter in the door in a weeks time anyway.

Ill should be getting a voltage converter today to test it out, ill let ye know how it goes, ill give you some info about the pros and cons of this in my next post.

It has midi out, but unfortuneatly no midi in so you cant program the built in drum sounds from a sequencer.

Another issue with all the alesis pads, including the USB Control pad, is that if you have the sensitivity down low (velocity curve id imagine), you have to hit the centre of the pads, or they can mistrigger, they basically dont work as well.
But you can get around it by increasing the sensitiivty.

Another issue, is that the pedal inputs do not support velocity sensitive pedals, theyre just triggers essentially. Im not sure if its the same with the USB Control Pad.

And if you use a kick drum pedal it does not free up the pad assigned to the kick drum.

Thats basically where these unit falls in comparrison to the Roland SPD series

On the plus side, it has Stereo In, for jamming to your mp3 player or whatever a stereo output, drums can to a stereo channel,it has headphone out, and the fact its the best pad you can get for $100!

Hope all this info was of some use to someone.

ion_drum_station_addtl.jpg

This drumpad is $199 on other sites, and is the exact same as the Alesis Performance Pad which retails for 300 euro on thomann:

would this be any use for programming drums, through cubase or owt?

would this be any use for programming drums, through cubase or owt?

Only saw this now.

It has midi out so you could get a usb to midi cable for it to use it with cubase,

but if you want to use one with cubase alone, and dont give a shit about build in sounds, just get the Alesis Control Pad instead - its basically just a usb version of it with no sounds:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/alesis_control_pad.htm

It has better midi functionality, and you can store patches and stuff like most midi controllers.

Oh and you can change the velocity curve with it, unlike my one.
Which is handy because if you hit away from the centre of the pad on mine, it can mistrigger,
but with the v curve turned up full whack on the Control Pad, you can get around that.

FMR audio's RNC Really Nice Compressor.
27796174_69b6aeb981.jpg

Picked up one of these recently second hand and by jaysus its mighty. I'm putting almost EVERYTHING through it now. Supernice mode is indeed supernice.
They cost fuck all new. No excuse not to have one in your project studio.

Absolute great buy.

ADA8000_medium.jpg

http://www.behringer.com/ADA8000/

Got one of these. Used it when recording drums with Mr Lacey a few weeks ago.
You link it via ADAT lightpipe to your soundcard (in my case an RME Hammerfall Multiface) and it gives you an extra 8 mic/line inputs and 8 line outputs.
Shockingly for a Behringer product the pre-amps sound really good.
I couldn't really tell the difference between the room mics when connected via mic pres on the Midas Venice into the hammerfall or when connected through this.
Total bargain!

Even cheaper pre is this bad boy:

Tube-MP-Studio-V3-large.jpg

The presets are brilliant. Nice valve warmth. Pretty VU. Deadly.

ADA8000_medium.jpg

http://www.behringer.com/ADA8000/

Got one of these. Used it when recording drums with Mr Lacey a few weeks ago.
You link it via ADAT lightpipe to your soundcard (in my case an RME Hammerfall Multiface) and it gives you an extra 8 mic/line inputs and 8 line outputs.
Shockingly for a Behringer product the pre-amps sound really good.
I couldn't really tell the difference between the room mics when connected via mic pres on the Midas Venice into the hammerfall or when connected through this.
Total bargain!

cool.
i've a multiface also, i've often thought about that combo.

just read some reviews of that; it does indeed sound tasty; at a mere 69snots on ebay. I'll add it to the list of musical equipment that I want, dont actually need, and will never ever pay for themselves.

Even cheaper pre is this bad boy:

Tube-MP-Studio-V3-large.jpg

The presets are brilliant. Nice valve warmth. Pretty VU. Deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back