The giving out about Chelsea Thread (1 Viewer)

Chelsea were very, very good. Matic, Luiz, Ramires, Willian, Hazard. Hard bastards who can all play. Putting Oscar on as a late sub. It's not bad is it? City played their usual game, you can see the difference between Aguero and Dzeko though. Basically it's two billionaires playing fantasy football, I hope Arsenal win the league (barring an unstoppable miracle of a Liverpool run-in).

Demicheles was the big difference. You had 6 centre halves on the pitch, and there was a gulf in class between Chelski's and City's Luiz was excellent in midfield and Terry (as much as I hate the cunt) and Cahill never looked like conceding space or losing their men. For City, only Kompany looks up to it. Are Garcia and Milner injured or suspended ? Why on earth didn't one of them come in for Fernandinho ? It's mind boggling.

I don't see it being a good result for Arsenal at all. Considering they went there and got battered it's a bit worrying ore than anything else. I think they'll draw with Liverpool at the weekend and it'll be all square at the top coming into a big tough period of the season.

Of course once the CL starts again we'll probably Mourinho change his tactics, they're playing great stuff at the moment but he'll revert back to pummelling 1-0 victories out when he has to rotate his squad and take off 2 off his front 6 after an hour to send in the likes of Mikel.

As much as I hate them though they were great to watch tonight.

Garcia and Milner are injured apparently.... though not sure Milner is really up to Fernandinho's level. But also not sure that Demichelis is the only difference last night. Silva was the only really creative dribbler they had. Other times they'd have Nasri and Aguero there and might have found more space.

I think the thing was also that Mourinho listed players similar to the Arsenal bus-parking game in December, playing Luiz, Ramires and Matic. To me that looked like it was going to be a tight 4-3-3, Chelski playing for a 0-0 or 0-1, so Pelligrini didn't think about changing City's shape. But Chelsea actually played more like they do with the 4-2-3-1 (at least until the end). Ramires and Matic both nearly scored and Ramires was constantly getting into the box. It was more like they played against Liverpool than against Arsenal. In that light maybe City should have put something more in midfield. 20/20 hindsight innit. Great match anyway.

I wanted city to win that. But then I though, choosing between CIty and Chelsea is like preferring AIDS to liver cancer.

Garcia and Milner are injured apparently.... though not sure Milner is really up to Fernandinho's level. But also not sure that Demichelis is the only difference last night. Silva was the only really creative dribbler they had. Other times they'd have Nasri and Aguero there and might have found more space.

I think the thing was also that Mourinho listed players similar to the Arsenal bus-parking game in December, playing Luiz, Ramires and Matic. To me that looked like it was going to be a tight 4-3-3, Chelski playing for a 0-0 or 0-1, so Pelligrini didn't think about changing City's shape. But Chelsea actually played more like they do with the 4-2-3-1 (at least until the end). Ramires and Matic both nearly scored and Ramires was constantly getting into the box. It was more like they played against Liverpool than against Arsenal. In that light maybe City should have put something more in midfield. 20/20 hindsight innit. Great match anyway.

Yeah that's fair, for me it came down to what Didi Hamann flagged up on MOTD a few weeks ago when he called Toure a liability defensively. Everyone guffawed at the time but I'd say they see his point now. Toure needs a really good box to box tackler in beside him and Demicheles wasn't mobile enough to do it. Milner isn't as good as Fernandinho's level but he has a big engine.

Just reading how Jack Rodwell was on his way back to Everton on deadline day until a deal fell through for City. If you're him watching Demicheles shamble around the field unable to catch up to Ramires or Hazard for 90 minutes you must be thinking "fuck this i am never getting on"

It was great to watch alright.

Drogba?

he still capable of banging in 15+ goals this year? bet the fucker is, even from the bench.

costa and torres makes up their strikers yeah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back