The Gareth Brooks thread (2 Viewers)

Happy to welcome the great migration of nordies, culchies and rednecks up to Dublin 3 this week

Hope you all have a hooley at the hootenanny

Gareth Abú !

I overheard two young people working in my local Tesco the other day. He says to her " So, are you going to Gareth Brookes?" and she laughed, then realised he was serious and pretended to be interested "no, I didn't get tickets..."

I overheard two young people working in my local Tesco the other day. He says to her " So, are you going to Gareth Brookes?" and she laughed, then realised he was serious and pretended to be interested "no, I didn't get tickets..."
I asked an old friend if she was going - she's always doing the happening thing, so thought she might rock up

Text response
"Not with yours"

View attachment 16241

Another hedge fund cashing in on vulnerable Irish people
most of the Country n' Irish folks are lovely harmless souls. I can't bring myself to take the piss out of them.
that is long gone out of my system.

I somehow hardly met anyone who liked stuff like GB until my 20's but now I know lots of 'em. Daniel and Majella are a good laugh but Garth doesn't seem remotely likeable.

the strange ones are the people who usually like rock music but also go to stuff like Garth.
now, they are a strange lot.

most of the Country n' Irish folks are lovely harmless souls. I can't bring myself to take the piss out of them.

I somehow hardly met anyone who liked stuff like GB until my 20's but now I know lots of 'em. Daniel and Majella are a good laugh but Garth doesn't seem remotely likeable.

the strange ones are the people who usually like rock music but also go to stuff like Garth.
I'd really love to be contrary enough to be a massive Gareth fan but every time I try his stuff it's just next level bland.

Ah, I was more just trying to make the 'hedge' joke work there

My house is on Clonliffe Road and I am very happy to have this big section of our country come let their country side hang out
I hope everyone has a blast

Except the lads pissing down the lane, obviously.
Fuck those pricks.
Everyone else is cool though.

I'm reminded of the time Keifer Sutherland's country band played on the same bill as this...whatever this is

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah, I was more just trying to make the 'hedge' joke work there

My house is on Clonliffe Road and I am very happy to have this big section of our country come let their country side hang out
I hope everyone has a blast

Except the lads pissing down the lane, obviously.
Fuck those pricks.
Everyone else is cool though.
aw yeah the hedge fund joke was very funny.
Yer more tolerant than me about about Garth Brooks. hope you can't hear him.
I had no idea how popular he was here until a few years ago. bizarre.

I have a soft spot for him as I really liked him when I was around 10-12. He did 8 nights in the Point in 1994 and we went to see him, and I think the ticket is still at home in a box somewhere. My mam met him at the airport and got his autograph. So I find it hard to hate on him, even if I never listen to his music now. But stick on any track from the first few albums and I can probably sing along to them all still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back