The Gareth Brooks thread (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was late, at 8:15 when I got on to ticketmaster (for my sister) I was about 144,000th in the queue. 2 hours and 15 minutes later I was able to buy her tickets.

WOW! does she know how lucky she is to have you?!
no way in hell would I have done that.

She's very appreciative.

It's not like I was constantly starting at the screen. Just periodically checking to see where I was in the queue and occasionally looking to see if other dates had gone on sale yet.

She only goes to one concert every 3 or 4 years, the last was Ed Sheeren, and every time she wants to go to something it's a shitshow like this, whereas I very rarely have to worry about something being an instant sellout if I want to go.

my actual memories of the mid 90's aren't great.
from 1993 onward aged 17 to early 1997 I really isolated myself due mental health problems.
I never watched TV for 3 years at one stage and didn't read newspapers etc.
anyway I can't remember Brooks playing here then and I am still stunned how popular he is here.

another one is The Cranberries - they were only beginning to get popular in 1993 and their heyday was nearly over by 1997. I am still shocked they somehow sold 40 million records.

was looking for a mid 90's grindcore song about Garth but can't find it on you tube.
Boston guys PSYCHO call him a "greedy fuck... you made your money, now FUCK OFF"

I still feel like I don't know any Gareth Brooks songs. I'm sure I do know one or two but he didn't seem to be having hits like how, say, Shania Twain was in the late 90s. You'd see his albums in people's houses but I can't remember hearing them.

My understanding of the Cranberries is they got massive all over the world, not just one or two english speaking markets.

Anyway, I had the maddest dream last night where it turned out Chris Gaines was a real person who Gareth had killed and then stole his songs. I think I was investigating it or something. It then morphed into some weird recurring psychodrama my brain has been having about me discovering a portal to tHe OtHeR sIde on the Dublin quays, but the Gareth bit was fun.

Anyway, I had the maddest dream last night where it turned out Chris Gaines was a real person who Gareth had killed and then stole his songs. I think I was investigating it or something. It then morphed into some weird recurring psychodrama my brain has been having about me discovering a portal to tHe OtHeR sIde on the Dublin quays, but the Gareth bit was fun.

There's a Stephen King novel that is kind of like that.

I still feel like I don't know any Gareth Brooks songs. I'm sure I do know one or two but he didn't seem to be having hits like how, say, Shania Twain was in the late 90s. You'd see his albums in people's houses but I can't remember hearing them.

My understanding of the Cranberries is they got massive all over the world, not just one or two english speaking markets.

Brooks was more of an early 90s thing.
I remember my pub ballad singer uncle frequently ranting about 'that fat cunt brooks breaking up guitars' when I was a lad

the last was Ed Sheeren, and every time she wants to go to something it's a shitshow like this, whereas I very rarely have to worry about something being an instant sellout if I want to go.
I love how we deliberately mis-spell these lads' names cos we'd be thumped-cancelled if we didn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back