The Gareth Brooks thread (1 Viewer)

I'm not inclined to compare Gareth to Bruce Springsteen, but the boss seems to genuinely love Ireland too. He started and ended his Seeger Sessions tour in The Point, with the last gig taped for the DVD. Yes, we are old.

I guess there's some kind of overlap between Brooks fans and Springsteen fans. Sentimental Americana or something. Again, I do like Bruce, I feel a little dirty comparing him to Gearóid.

I would assume there is some kind of tax break thing going on.

I'm not inclined to compare Gareth to Bruce Springsteen, but the boss seems to genuinely love Ireland too. He started and ended his Seeger Sessions tour in The Point, with the last gig taped for the DVD. Yes, we are old.

I guess there's some kind of overlap between Brooks fans and Springsteen fans. Sentimental Americana or something. Again, I do like Bruce, I feel a little dirty comparing him to Gearóid.

I would assume there is some kind of tax break thing going on.
Is Bruce Springsteen the thinking man’s Gareth brooks?

Maybe their love of Ireland is due to the fact that people will pay to see them 5 times in a row

Is Bruce Springsteen the thinking man’s Gareth brooks?

Maybe their love of Ireland is due to the fact that people will pay to see them 5 times in a row

You do have a point there. Any time I saw Bruce (I think about 8 times), quite a lot of the crowd were middle-aged, moneyed and mad for merch.

I do want to think that Bruce fans are a little more "thinking man" than Brooks enthusiasts. But really a big chunk of them are business guys who got free tickets through work or something.

But I don't think selling a few extra t-shirts makes Ireland special. There must be something else.

spruce bringsteen is for late stage capitalists who want to believe they are still somewhere close to a working/labour class ethic because some lad dresses in denims. I'm not saying he's not a good writer at times, but the schtick isn't much different to tom waits homeless chic. Gareth brooks is for rural people who want to erase actual irish rural history and replace it with the one that they saw on television.

spruce bringsteen is for late stage capitalists who want to believe they are still somewhere close to a working/labour class ethic because some lad dresses in denims. I'm not saying he's not a good writer at times, but the schtick isn't much different to tom waits homeless chic. Gareth brooks is for rural people who want to erase actual irish rural history and replace it with the one that they saw on television.
Well it means a lot to me!!!!!!!!!!

Not all Bruce fans in fairness, but there are more than a few.

No one seems to give much of a shit this time? Or is it the 2 years of covid malaise dulling my brain to not noticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back