The Gareth Brooks thread (1 Viewer)

I think it's kind of endearing...all those daft people around the country queuing up for this

bless them

While I won't be going to see him, I think it's at least decent to see lots of people getting excited about someone simply because they love the music. It's not because he's trendy and it's not because he's marketed to shit on X-Factor or whatever (though the advertising for this particular gig is more than I've seen for any other gig recently), this is what more big gigs should be like.

Absolutely..it's an experience entirely devoid of 'cool'.. like the audience in Winning Streak or the Pope in the Phoenix Park

It's refreshing but I reserve the right to patronise them because I don't live in the sticks any more and I'm too sophisticated these days.

"Comfy Casuals in pastel colours in a shopping trolley" was the look for these 3 wans.

All three Garth Brooks gigs sell out; fans feel 'overwhelming happiness' | BreakingNews.ie

garthbrooksFanTickets2_large.jpg

Further proof, if any were needed that the recessionary times are behind us! Let's all buy houses!

Ireland is back lads! hooray!

If you queue for days and it takes you 10 minutes to get to the front of the queue but the tickets sell out online in 5 minutes is there a chance that the shop will still have a ticket for you?

What some places down the country used to do for high demand gigs was do a count of people in the queue, figure out how many tickets people wanted and then just print them out at once before they started taking money from punters.

I was the only one in the office this morning that didn't have ticketmaster's website open, credit card in hand and fingers crossed. Most of them managed to get tickets too, so a lot of happy people around here today.

I actually wouldn't mind going to a Garth Brooks gig, I'd say it would be good fun, but finances and little boy (inextricably linked) make it unthinkable.

The GARTH BROOKS

Comeback Special Event

SOLD OUT!

All 3 shows are now sold out.

240,000 tickets sell out in 90 mins.

(Dublin: Thursday, 30 Jan 2014) All three dates for The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event are now SOLD OUT. In excess of 10,000 people queued around the country at Ticketmaster outlets and the entire 240,000 tickets sold out in 90 minutes. This is the first time that an artist has sold out 3 dates at Croke Park in one day.

Bob Doyle, Garth Brooks manager said ‘We’re thrilled. Peter Aiken, his team and Ticketmaster have done an amazing job.’

In 52 years of business this is the fastest selling concert Aiken Promotions have ever been involved in.’ Peter Aiken said.

The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event will take place on Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 July 2014 at Croke Park.

Peter Aiken was just interviewed on News Talk and he made a very good point about the ticket price. Regardless of standing/sitting, they were all at the fairly low price of ~65 euro, a price point that Garth wanted.

That'll offset the cost of the Dublin hotels that have hiked up the price for these nights...some rooms are over 400 quid

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

'disgrateful'. I love the way twitter users like to over-exaggerate. You'd swear it was a queue of malnourished Ethiopians waiting for plumpynut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back