The Friday bad times Michael Jackson thread (1 Viewer)

Very good Ernesto, sure people were calling him a child abusing prick who deserved it the day he died nevermind a decade later.

Anyway, just finished part two. It's a bit dodgier in that there's some demonstrably false things in it but that doesn't take away from the basic stories of the two guys. There's no smoking gun but I find it hard to just dismiss them as liars. Hung jury in my head, i'll see if any more evidence comes to light in time.

did ye all hear the blindboy podcast about how blame it on the boogie was written by an english guy also named michael jackson, thus allowing the jacksons to sneakily take writing credit

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's a documentary about that song knocking about but kudos to Blindboy for pretending he was the first person to notice it

baller move though, M. Jackson

R-113954-1297719312.jpeg.jpg

I think everyone had their mind made on him years ago. I'll get round to the doc some point soon. I watched a one minute interview with the director and two lads the other day and immediately went HE'S GUILTY, WHY WOULD ANYONE LIE?

My more nuanced view is as follows:

MJ wasn't above the law but he was beyond the norms of behaviour, and we made him that way. Whether guilty or innocent (based on the evidence I have seen I say innocent myself but understand why someone would say guilty) he was clearly quite damaged and it was our own fame industry that did it to him. Declaring him cancelled ten years after his death isn't going to change any of this, it sounds to me more like us trying to clear our own guilty consciences as a society.

Having said that, if all this hubbub is us starting to make the needed changes to society then good, maybe we'll stop putting 11 year old youtube sensations on Ellen or making new Justin Biebers or the like. If he's guilty then he's guilty and I assume more people will come out against him, if he's innocent then at least we're attacking a man who has already passed and hopefully the truth will out in time. I'd rather a dead innocent victim than a live one. I do feel bad for his kids though. I suppose their millions will console them, eh?
You're some man for nuanced views when it's someone you like
He had sex with children. That's what happened.
We didn't make him that way, no more than we made R Kelly or Jimmy Page or David Bowie that way.

He made great records, so there's an interesting conversation maybe about where his art stands
The one about well-who's-really-to-blame-really-when-a-child-is-raped is a closed case
It's always the predator.

Last edited:
Listen, if i'm having any interesting conversations they won't be with you so move along.

Last edited:
He made great records, so there's an interesting conversation maybe about where his art stands

and the fact that his art was greatly influenced by others (Quincy Jones, for example) would make it seem a bit unfair on them, for us to dismiss his output completely.

His (alleged) crimes weren't small ones though.

I haven't listened to that because someone tells me about it every day. Is it the late late show for woke Irish Twitter?
Not really, it's more just him talking for an hour about stuff that interests him. He often talks about woke things but in a way that might get a lad who prefers going to the gym and going on the lash to being scolded on woke Irish twitter all day to actually consider the issues. I've kind of stopped listening but I enjoyed it for a good while.

My wife started listening to blindboy (the first podcast for her) so I hear it in the car sometimes. It's grand. I'm happy to see it as the top podcast in Ireland instead of some shit like the strawberry alarm clock. Often he'll be laying down some brilliant common sense stuff and the idea that a LOT of people are listening makes me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back