• Soft Bulletin

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Yoshimi

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • At War With They Mystic

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's make or break time for me with this band now. If The Terror isn't deadly then I'm out.

I've been listening to The Terror for a few weeks now and I still haven't come close to deciding whether I like it or not. I was all ready to write it off the other day but I had another listen and decided to defer judgement another while. The fact that I still don't love it but still listen to it is a good sign generally. The best ones take time.

Have any of you lot listened?

have you heard any of the new stuff yet, ann post;? Still annoyed at them? I'm still unsure about the album but this live version of the terror is pretty deadly (except maybe for the weird baby and the crying naked guy/girl at the end)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

have you heard any of the new stuff yet, ann post;? Still annoyed at them? I'm still unsure about the album but this live version of the terror is pretty deadly (except maybe for the weird baby and the crying naked guy/girl at the end)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's fucking amazing. Say what you like about them they can still bang out something fucking weird at will.

That is great all right. The album got completely slated in the Ticket reviews section a few weeks ago. No tunes, self-indulgent, noisy racket, a total mess etc. Sounds good, I thought to myself.

really, really starting to annoy me now.
gone from being bareable, to internet shock rock annoyance, to stone roses tribute act. seriously like.
whats this stone roses shit about.

these guys are getting 100% annoying now.

he should walk that zorb out in to the sunset.

You need to get over this shit, It's just some thing they're doing for the craic. The new EP is pretty decent, although it'd probably be better if Drozd played drums (as well as everything else he plays)

What bugs me about them now is that everything - EVERYTHING - seems to be over compressed and distorted, particularly the vocals. Makes a lot of it all sound the same to me

What bugs me about them now is that everything - EVERYTHING - seems to be over compressed and distorted, particularly the vocals. Makes a lot of it all sound the same to me
Yeah and so loud! I know that's been their thing of a while now but I wish, especially with their more experimental material they left it a bit murkier or something.

That's Dave Fridmann for you, the only records he's made in the past decade that I like are ones he's done with Low, who would be really difficult to overcompress and make too loud. Everything else I've heard has sounded like dogshit. Did some great work prior to that though.

That's Dave Fridmann for you, the only records he's made in the past decade that I like are ones he's done with Low, who would be really difficult to overcompress and make too loud. Everything else I've heard has sounded like dogshit. Did some great work prior to that though.
Did you not like the album he did with Sleater Kinney? It's a banger

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back