The Fightin', Fussin' and Mixed MArtial arts thread.. (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

To avoid cluttering up the WRESTLER thread...

Who else loves this stuff - UFC, Pride, Dream, Wec etc etc

2dhd6x4.gif

Crazy knees in Hayato Sakurai vs. Shinya Aoki:

2j18je8.gif

Upkick KO

badass.gif

The mighty Fedor getting slammed:

1994.gif

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yup. Great entertainment.

Big scandal in the UFC now with Dana White talking shit about one of the Sherdog journalists.

ya know what? i think i preffered the old days of ufc, before the mma became a homogenized sport. back in the day, you'd have two vastly different fighters from different disciplines knocking the shit out of each other, like a street brawler and a wrestler or karate guy. now its always two mma guys, fighting each other mma style, bit of boxing, lots of hugging on the ground. i'd preffered the spectacle of the old rather than the sport it has become. that said, i've seen some great modern fights with chuck liddel, randy couture, and my all time favourite tank abbott.

They're so much more skilled though, at the sport I mean. The old guys were just as good at their chosen styles, but now they're better MMA sportsmen. I think I prefer the guys now.

ya know what? i think i preffered the old days of ufc, before the mma became a homogenized sport. back in the day, you'd have two vastly different fighters from different disciplines knocking the shit out of each other, like a street brawler and a wrestler or karate guy. now its always two mma guys, fighting each other mma style, bit of boxing, lots of hugging on the ground. i'd preffered the spectacle of the old rather than the sport it has become. that said, i've seen some great modern fights with chuck liddel, randy couture, and my all time favourite tank abbott.

YouTube - UFC: Tank Abbott Knockouts (THE BEST)

Imet Tank in a bar once - that KO of Nelmark is insane...Pity he just rolls off a bar stool for a paycheck now..

Insane power bomb:

WOW Ufc has done compete 360* - a Karate guy is now their LW champ - Grats to Lyoto Machida.

aahhmb.jpg

*Ok he's also a BJJ black belt - a decent wrestler and can box.

I think it might be a while before he's beaten.

Sam Greco gave him a bit of trouble with low kicks in their fight but that was in a ring - the cage is much harder to cut off. There are prolly few fighters in the UFC that can leg kick like the K1 boys..

Think people thought that about CroCop too, but then he got er, CroCopped and disappeared pretty quickly after Pride FC was bought by the UFC boys.

Machida seems very good tactically too, which will stand to him for a while, I hope.

I don't think cro crop was ever was regarded as unbeatable - the most dangerous striker yes but his ground game was never that developed. I think Nog showed that but no one expected him to be KO'ed by A bjj guy with a head kick - oh the ironing.

I think the fight with Hunt made him seem a bit less of a killer standing too.

I remember when Coleman looked absolutely invincable :)

Haha yeah, that was a while ago.

You're right about Cro-Cop though, once off his feet he was awfully boring.

I miss the announcer in Pride. She was pretty nuts.

dont usually venture into this part of thumped, but yeah love the aul' MMA. been training it for the last six months or so , and fuckin loving it. damian maia would have to be my favourite of the current crop, his jitz is just so fuckin amazing, and for someone to look that good nowadays when 99% of guys your fighting will be black belts as well ,really says something.
anyone go to any of the Irish shows????

Cool, I did a couple of BJJ classes, but it clashed with my rugby, so had to give it up. Great fun though!

Never been to any of the Irish shows, never knew anyone who'd be bothered going along :)

anyone go to any of the Irish shows????

I used to go to all the RING OF TRUTH shows - they were excellent - great amosphere too. Haven't been to any of the Cage of Truth though..

Was at Cage Wars in Galway - lol I think that was over 20 years ago at this stage..

Also I was at one of Cage Rage contenders here - also the Bushido IRELAND vs ENGLAND show in the point which was the only show I really didn't enjoy. Terrible audience who booed/heckled all the English guys (this never happened at any of the small shows i was at) plus there was a no show in the main event (RIP Jim Curran).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back