The 'Festivals I don't get' Thread (1 Viewer)

Primavera is good. I don't understand Irish outdoor festivals. Camping in the cold and rain, no thanks. The only time I have gone is when it was free and VIP. Wouldn't spend the money otherwise.

I don't get festivals full stop.

(well,not what people generally think of as festivals. Little ones in small venues can be good though but they are usually just gigs with loads of bands and a slightly better turnout)

Primavera is good. I don't understand Irish outdoor festivals. Camping in the cold and rain, no thanks. The only time I have gone is when it was free and VIP. Wouldn't spend the money otherwise.

I've never camped at one. One of the perks of not drinking I suppose, but have always been in a position to just drive home (or somewhere warm) at the end of the night. I always enjoy EP. I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too, though right now its hard enough to see how.

I was at EP last year, only because i was playing at it. It was really nice in the sun etc...but then I got really drunk and ruined it for everyone

I don't get any of them either, except the ones that are a load of bands I like playing in a small venue.

That said, I went to liss ard last year for a few hours and had a nice time to my great surprise and against all my expectations.

I rarely go to festivals. I was at Feile in Tipperary and Cork and one day at EP last year. I've come to realise I just like drinking outdoors in the sun

A girl in the office just let us all know how excited she is about the great lineup for Oxygen

I figure most big festivals are for people who don't really love music. It's more of a reason for drinking with friends and oh look, a band I like is in the background. Cool.
That's pretty cynical, how come most sets are packed out then? Of course there'll always be a few half-interested people in to loiter around the main stage and soak up some atmosphere - locals, families etc. Nothing wrong with that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back