The Fall should die... (1 Viewer)

I was at the Wednesday gig (they did a few nights in the horrible Islington Academy, which is a bar in a shopping centre pretending to be a venue) - I really enjoyed it but then I always do, even when everyone else thinks they're crap. My energy did flag considerably towards the end, I thought it was just that I'd started drinking straight after work and peaked too early, but maybe they did lose it a bit as well...

Is the Von Sudenberg album as good as yer man reckons?

Aparently MES heard LCD Soundsystem in a record shop, went up to the counter and said:

"Who the fuck is this guy taking the piss out of me?"

I haven't read the article but yes it's brilliant. As people have said here before, rhinohead could be the best MES song in years.

Probably my favourite album of the year so far. It really is outstanding! Did anyone see them at the Garden Party? Any good?

The Fall....I don't know, I've tryed to like them, some of the bands I like, elastica being one, always mentioned the fall. So i bought a compilation for E10, that 50,000 fall fans one....most of it is shit to be honest....but i like me pop hooks

I dunno what to make of mark e smith....He's a bit of a one off for sure, kind of like a english captain beefheart, except beefheart had a great voice...i like the sarcasim, but i reckon he's a bit of a gobshite

I find a lot of that post punk kind of thing more interesting to read about than to listed to.

Actually reading "rip it up and start again by simon reynolds at the mo, a great book about post punk....the fall's in it

I can never get enough of this track

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah, this is sad news. I must admit I always liked Mark E Smith himself much more than the Fall (plenty of which I like but plenty of which I don't). His autobiography is hilarious, certainly one of the best rock bios.

Still one of my all time favourite choruses too:

Sad news alright. Spinning plenty of Fall tonight, reading loads of anecdotes online. Will miss waiting for the next new fall LP.

Some great photos etc turning up, like this one.

Ah, this is sad news. I must admit I always liked Mark E Smith himself much more than the Fall (plenty of which I like but plenty of which I don't). His autobiography is hilarious, certainly one of the best rock bios.

Still one of my all time favourite choruses too:

I love that song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back