the diy and floating shelves thread (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

just painted my room cape cod blue ( crown easy care) and want to put up thoses shelves that have no brackets but someone tell me how they work cause i be putting them up myself.also where do you get them other than the argos.?

Make sure you plug them back into the joists and don't just attach them to the plasterboard or they'll probably fall down on you. And they only hold about 5kgs as well. They're mostly to look nice, as opposed to actually being useful for putting things on. You can get them tons of places - next do them, argos, habitat, woodies, b&q - anywhere really.

Make sure you plug them back into the joists and don't just attach them to the plasterboard or they'll probably fall down on you. And they only hold about 5kgs as well. They're mostly to look nice, as opposed to actually being useful for putting things on. You can get them tons of places - next do them, argos, habitat, woodies, b&q - anywhere really.

Yeah make sure they're into something other than plasterboard, joists or concrete if possible. The fixings that come with them tend to be shite too, I nearly always replace them. Done right they can hold quite alot of weight.

Last few days were a Tomato House (smallish) and a shelf a rebuild on an older shelf for a new role. Kinda out of the woods on shelves (5 in the last 4 weeks) and moving into silly stuff for a while.

YOu can grow tomatoes out there? Nice one.
What do you glaze the house with?
Actual glass or poly?

It is much less complex than this! We have a porch which is greenhouse-like. I know the tomatoes are going to get tall so made this three tier frame for them to grow into. There are removable shelves that go into this and its designed to be stackable - I'm building another soon so it'll accomodate 2M of tomato or 6 shelves of plants. Its just some packaging plastic on it for now, kinda to create a mini climate.

I did make a bigger poly one years ago, it was a bit shit. Thinking about a full size one for next spring, but the porch already exists.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 21.55.40.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back