The Creation of the Cello (1 Viewer)

Osimono

Since 2000
" I don’t like a huge amount of that kind of slow music, particularly with cellos or that sort of instrument because after a certain point it begins to remind you of Rachel’s or Godspeed." (review of Richie Egans gig in Whelans)

...both bands which joined forces and invented the cello, of course. Dr. J, what in the name of God are you talking about?? Yeah, everytime I hear spoken word samples it reminds me of Godspeed, and I only have to hear a overdrawn guitar crescendo and I immediately think of Godspeed. Yikes!!

p.s. when Large Mound played in the Shelter recently, there was a chorus in one of their tracks whose last line fell with a backing vocal and this marvellous guitar noise that (is it Ross?) the guy from Joan of Arse made...sir, what pedal where you stamping on to create such wonderment?

obviously, osimono, neither the rachels nor goddam you slack mofo INVENTED the cello *BUT* now that they've used one nobody else is allowed to. what i'm wondering is which band used a cello first and was it kosher for the other to do the same...all things considered.
it was a tough day for me let me tell you when i realised that there was a hoover solo on a nurse with wound record, somehow though i carry on.

it was a tough day for me let me tell you when i realised that there was a hoover solo on a nurse with wound record, somehow though i carry on.[/quote]

Wire had a Hoover solo on 154 (some track near the end of the album).

The only thing to do now chickenham is to take it all to its logical conclusion.....

Play a Cello WITH a Hoover.

better still...play cello by blink while dressed up as j e hoover.

how dya like dem apples?

Everyone knows the cello was invented by Johnny Cello.

(Hundreds of years on, the court case is still raging between his estate and that of Johnny Violoncello)

Godspeed and their cellos.
Such a fucking RTE Symphony Orchestra rip off.

You said it Jossman. I dont like a huge amount of that Godspeed stuff, particularly with cellos or that sort of instrument because after a certain point it begins to remind you of Dvorak or Rachmaninov, the way the cellos get played and all, with the bow and stuff...

Joss, do you know what pedal Ross was using to get that fierce lightning noise at the large mound gig mentioned earlier?

And how has a post about the cello lasted so long here?

WHAT HAPPENED TO PUNK RAAAWWWKK!!!!???!?!?!?

I just rang Six Cans For A Fiver (Ross? Who the hell is that?) and he informed me that the pedal is the marvellously named Rocktek Metalworker 2.
Also, In The Court Of The Crimson King gets better every time. I wonder what it would be like played with cello, saw, glockenspiel and hoover?

Joss. I sincerely hope you didn't pay more than a fiver for in the court of the crimson king. Toyah's bleedin' husband...

Joss, do it.
21st Century Schizoid Man: a hoover anthem waiting to happen. You have my full support. I feel like crying.

Thank you, Joss. (sniff)

:'(

so tell me, didn't you mind Toyah doing that telly sex show or did the mortgage need paying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back