The Cosmic Right (1 Viewer)

I liked The Fountainhead as a novel but wouldn’t live my life by it. I’ve read bits of Peterson and it’s conservative values wrapped up in cack-handed and cherry-picked pop psychology. For someone who’s CV includes McGill and Harvard Universities, he strikes me as that loose cannon lecturer who teaches first years one of the general modules - putting in plenty of stories and opinions - but you end up having to correct students in subsequent years in how things really are.

Lads who want someone to tell them that they're good despite their flaws, rather than people like us telling them they're bad despite their good qualities

I must have a listen to the guy, here I am reading all of you slagging him off and thinking "sure none of ye have even listened to him" even though I haven't listened to him either
I can see where you’re coming from with the whole character building thing of looking someone you disagree with. And in one way, I do want to find out more about him. But I’m also pretty time poor and don’t want to disappear down that rabbit hole.

Shameless self promotion here but remember I was telling ye about how I kept arguing with that anti vaxxer gobshite on Facebook, until I realised I was being just as much of an eejit engaging with them. Here’s a song I wrote about it!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My youtube suggestions are now infested with Jordan Peterson shite. Can’t we put him, Pinker, and Dawkins into a time capsule and forget where we buried them?
I looked up J.P today but made sure I did it in incognito mode - worthless shit not worth getting upset about.

Henry R-ll--s is the the worst I have experienced for getting bombarded with you tube suggestions but not in recent years.

I looked up J.P today but made sure I did it in incognito mode - worthless shit not worth getting upset about.

Henry R-ll--s is the the worst I have experienced for getting bombarded with you tube suggestions but not in recent years.
I don’t think I’ve ever had Hank appear in my YouTube suggestions. There was a phase in the 00s where he seemed to haunt discogs buying Wolf Eyes and related tapes from people. That was kind of surreal.

I don’t think I’ve ever had Hank appear in my YouTube suggestions. There was a phase in the 00s where he seemed to haunt discogs buying Wolf Eyes and related tapes from people. That was kind of surreal.
he loves that kind of stuff. Gambra posted that he had sold him some Wolf Eyes CDrs in 2008.
there was a screenshot at the start of the thread that is gone.
other people here had sold him stuff too.

the problem is Hank is hugely over used as a talking head like (Thurston, Ian MacKaye and Grohl) so he turns up all over the place.

the problem is Hank is hugely over used as a talking head like (Thurston, Ian MacKaye and Grohl) so he turns up all over the place.

would be kind of funny to do a fake documentary where lee ranaldo, guy piciotto, krist novoselic, greg ginn, etc, all take turns complaining about how they never get asked to be in documentaries

I must have a listen to the guy, here I am reading all of you slagging him off and thinking "sure none of ye have even listened to him" even though I haven't listened to him either

I did listen to him and do bit of a research dive and all the rest as I'm prone to doing and i posted my conclusions here. It's kinda a hallmark of the cosmic right/conspiracy types to ignore their friends while cheerleading internet cult types JUST SAYING EGG.

There's one person on one of those dating sites I be on and i'm always fascinated because on their profile they have education as 'dr peterson'. I keep meaning to screen grab it for science.

Thumped reading club, Maps of Meaning, lets get to it buckos

My (now dead) aunt Peg was really called Margaret. Mrs. egg_'s (alive) aunt Nancy is really called Ann

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Nancy is short for Ann

Why is the short form of Ann (or Anne) actually longer than the original name? People used to use the affectionate phrase "mine Ann," which eventually turned into "my Nan." Nickname trends of the time also had people adding "-cy" to the ends of name, which is how Ann evolved into Nancy.

Fun fact: This means that sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson, members of the band Heart, were kind of named the same thing.

Interestingly a lot of these shortened names stem from German or other languages, not English versions.

Richard would sound like Rickard (or Ricardo), So Rick sounds like Dick. And so on.

Jack is short for John - another odd one. A former colleague has two sons called Sean and Jack. I said "Oh that's the same name," and he got real mad because "Everybody says that and they're clearly different names." I agreed of course but also thought "He's mad because deep down he knows it's true and is mad at himself." heh heh

i've never heard the name buffy used anywhere except telly.
only realised a few years ago that barry is short for finbar; or it started out that way anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back