The Cooking Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 324
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 7
Oh yeah? Huh. Now I'm doubting my memory. I seem to remember like... snapping a piece of glass, and there'd be this edge, like the tail of an exponentially increasing plot say, and that edge would be really sharp and you'd put it into a clamp yoke, and use it to do your slices...

Hm. I'm having trouble believing I'd make something this involved up... yet I'm not sure exactly when I'd have done anything like this. Maybe 4th year undergrad? No idea.
Sounds plausible. I sometimes make glass capillaries in a similar way for injecting very small amounts into very small spaces.

Knife sharpening is pretty satisfying stuff in their (our?) defense. I was sharpening friend's knives at one point, but not so much these days...
i have a slow wet grinder (for the woodturning) which is good for reprofiling an edge, but i really need to get a decent whetstone.

i have a slow wet grinder (for the woodturning) which is good for reprofiling an edge, but i really need to get a decent whetstone.
I got a Japanese waterstone that's a bit worse for wear at this point because I was sharpening everything I could get my hands on for a while, but again, it wasn't all that expensive, and it's still fine.

Actually I've noticed that the initial reprofile of the edge (since I sharpen all my knives in the same way and it's a fairly steep angle, not really the Euro angle) takes ages. Once it's done once, it's easy to get back, but the first grind is time consuming. If you could avoid that you'd be set.

I'm addicted to Ina Garten's arrabbiata sauce. Have been making a massive portion of it (4 tins of plum tomatoes) every week for a few months now and using it for multiple lunches and dinners during the week. So easy to make too - the only thing to watch for is you don't use the sauce from the tins of tomatoes...just the tomatoes themselves.

working on my batch cooking game a lot at the minute

all basics so far

spag BOl
veggie chilli
shepherds pie
chicken cauliflower bake
veggie curry.

anyone got any go-to's in this regard?

working on my batch cooking game a lot at the minute

all basics so far

spag BOl
veggie chilli
shepherds pie
chicken cauliflower bake
veggie curry.

anyone got any go-to's in this regard?
Any soups or stews also

I'll make a clear-out-the-fridge stew that will have a bit of everything in it, and go straight in the freezer in small containers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back