The Cooking Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 324
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 7
Hey food fucks, I need help.

I have frozen a pack of fresh mince. Can I defrost that mince, cook up a big chili, then freeze that chili into portions for microwaving?

There’s only so many times you can freeze / reheat/defrost different meats. You’d probably be grand but maif be not be able to reheat it once after you’ve cooked it and frozen it more than once. Maybe.
My missus wouldn’t let me reheat chicken the other day coz it’s been cooked twice already. Which was annoying. Some bacterial issue. So thankfully her brain stopped me from potentially poisoning us both.I’m sure someone here can explain better than I can

eldest wanted chaat for her birthday dinner. 3 hours cooking together yielded chicken pakora, keema paratha, onion bhaji, vegetable samosa, papadums and tomato chutney. i'm at mr. creosote level of fullness.

chaat-style saturday lunch
2ljs085.jpg

from the top:
onion bhaji
batata vada
aloo paratha

Gazpacho is one thing I've never understood

Cold soup wtf

I made the seitan using vital wheat gluten but you can get it in jars in nourish or in tins at asia market (as mock meat) :) sauce is just 6 fat garlic cloves, half a green chilli, 1.5 tablespoon crushed whole black pepper, half a teaspoon of ground ginger, 1.5 tablespoons of sugar, and approx 8 tablespoons of tamari, simmered really slowly to thicken 👍

the new Meera Sodha book (East) has loads of great recipes in it.

But my absolute favourite meal at the moment is a Quorn Southern Fried Bite sandwich. White crusty bread, mix of mayo and sriracha for the sauce, bit of lettuce, tomato and maybe thinly sliced red onion or gherkin and then some bites sliced in half. Heaven. Also works with smoked tofu dry fried on a griddle pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back