The Confessions thread (2 Viewers)

I think Lateralus (sp?) was the last album I listened to before I left Ireland to move to the US, so I have kinda fond memories of it.

I'd categorize Tool as "whine metal". He's a tiny bit whiny. Just the tiniest note of Cartman's "but MOOOOM" in his tone.
"Cartman voice" isn't necessarily a bad thing. I always liked the girl on backing vocals in Quarantine

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually, fuck it. Maybe you can. Just listening back to this and it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Think I might book a ticket for them, wasn’t going to as Tool fans are a dose and the bang of incel in the 3Arena will be immense.

I really like Anemia and Lateralus. 2 great albums. Having said that, don’t think I’m too arsed going to see them. This is all part of my new “being more discerning about the gigs I go to” policy.
Saw them last them they played the Point. First 20 minutes were amazing. It got really dull after that.

@Cornu Ammonis +1 for that Era - that's a great piece.

@sleepy I kinda agree. Can I somehow see them for 40 mins - I honestly think all my enjoyment of low frequency riffs with long drum rolls will be exhausted by then - but to hear them tear through some shit for regular set lenthg i'd be there with bells on.

Also the whole cast of goth Ireland will be there. I mean they are fine, just it's not fair to have normy looking pricks like me in there ruining their big day.

@Cornu Ammonis +1 for that Era - that's a great piece.

@sleepy I kinda agree. Can I somehow see them for 40 mins - I honestly think all my enjoyment of low frequency riffs with long drum rolls will be exhausted by then - but to hear them tear through some shit for regular set lenthg i'd be there with bells on.

Also the whole cast of goth Ireland will be there. I mean they are fine, just it's not fair to have normy looking pricks like me in there ruining their big day.
Most Tool fans are probably in their 40s now so they’d be fairly normy.

They had a fantastic light show and Schism sounded absolutely amazing live. So there’s that.

Also, this is probably one of my favourite songs of all time. If I was guaranteed they’d play this, I’d go just for those 10 minutes

Most Tool fans are probably in their 40s now so they’d be fairly normy.

They had a fantastic light show and Schism sounded absolutely amazing live. So there’s that.

Also, this is probably one of my favourite songs of all time. If I was guaranteed they’d play this, I’d go just for those 10 minutes

Not sure they’ve ever played it.

I’ve seen them 4(?) times so not sure whether that means I have to go again or don’t need to go again.

I had always thought the Buuurn emoji was positive - as in incendiary or ''7-0! Messi's on fire!''
so anytime I used it (not often) was as a high compliment.

but I've gotten confused as whether it is positive, negative or meh!

I had always thought the Buuurn emoji was positive - as in incendiary or ''7-0! Messi's on fire!''
so anytime I used it (not often) was as a high compliment.

but I've gotten confused as whether it is positive, negative or meh!
it's contextual

it's "a burn"/"kill it with fire"/"on fire" thing, depending on the situation

I went to one or two nightclubs on Harcourt street in 1997 with my older sisters, not sure if I went to Coppers or not. I think one was called the Vatican. Desperate places.

I’ve never been to coppers.
Just thinking, I don't think I've been to any proper night clubs in Dublin. I've been to gigs at venues which double up as clubs, but, like to see a band.

Night club age is basically 20-30 right? I went to a few places in NYC I suppose, but that was only interesting ones like gay/fetish clubs where an aulfla of about 65 would bring you your drinks, stir them with his dildo necklace thing and wink at you theatrically. Coming home from work I'd see people lined up for Dublin clubs, all lads with fat fingers and blonde women with polyfilla on their faces.

Just thinking, I don't think I've been to any proper night clubs in Dublin. I've been to gigs at venues which double up as clubs, but, like to see a band.

Night club age is basically 20-30 right? I went to a few places in NYC I suppose, but that was only interesting ones like gay/fetish clubs
I fucking love dancing, and have been to plenty of nightclubs all through my 30s and into my 40s. Been a while now, but I would hope I haven't been to my last. Found gay ones a bit better as I got older, cos it's not so unusual to have older people in them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back