The coffee and soya milk conundrum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Lolo
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

Lolo

Since 2000
Website
www.facebook.com
... I have solved it. (Vegans and dairy-allergics will know exactly what I mean.)

After years of trying to get soya milk not to curdle in coffee, an Australian friend suggested that I try splashing out on expensive Bonsoy soya milk, and heating it in the microwave. And it works!!!!

But you have to heat the soya milk in a separate container, decant into a cold cup/mug and then add the coffee. If you try adding the coffee to the same container you heated the milk in, it will curdle. And you can't reheat it.

This makes me very, very happy, as I do love my coffee, but black coffee gives me indigestion. I've tried this with ordinary cheapie soya milk and it never worked.

If you're right, I'll find you, and hug you.
This morning I witnessed non-curdleage of soya milk when it was poured over the back of a spoon.

I don't believe any method works or doesn't though. I think the Gods sit on high, laughing, and randomly curdling peoples soya milk because there's NO pattern to why my milk sometimes curdles and sometimes doesn't. Whether I Heat it, spoon it, stir mad slowly.... no fuckin pattern at all.

If you are drinking good coffee putting milk, or Christ help us soya squeezings, in it is an abomination.

An abomination I say. :mad::mad::mad:

what's up with the tags for this thread. They make sense and are reflective of what the thread is about. :confused:

I don't believe any method works or doesn't though. I think the Gods sit on high, laughing, and randomly curdling peoples soya milk because there's NO pattern to why my milk sometimes curdles and sometimes doesn't. Whether I Heat it, spoon it, stir mad slowly.... no fuckin pattern at all.

I agree. I've seen the over-a-spoon thing working for other people but not for me. But this method has worked twice for me. Twice I tells ya!

Oh no, actually, I didn't use the swanky stuff. Thanks for the reminder.
Update to follow.

Update: where do you buy the Bonsoy?

Sheesh! That was the whole point of the post! Retract your lack of hugs, sir!

I'm in Landan, innit, so I get Bonsoy in my local health food shop, I don't know where would have it in Dublin. Try the Georges St health food shop, or Fallon & Byrne?

Do you ever try putting the milk in the cup first and then pour the coffee in like you're pouring a pint (tilted diagonally and straightened slowly as you pour)? I don't drink soya coffee often but it works for me.

c73da3c155a272df5fd765484.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back