The Charlie Brooker Thread (1 Viewer)

just watched last night's episode. defo my fave show on tv.
brilliant and fucked up once again

just watched last night's episode. defo my fave show on tv.
brilliant and fucked up once again

Bit of a twist there. I was getting slightly bored and expecting a fairly anodyne
parody of modern cultural activities and then
BAM.
Right in the chops.
It got fairly mental, fairly quickly.
I don't know what to think now.
That was upsetting.

Bit of a twist there. I was getting slightly bored and expecting a fairly anodyne
parody of modern cultural activities and then
BAM.
Right in the chops.
It got fairly mental, fairly quickly.
I don't know what to think now.
That was upsetting.

it sure did.
good to see tyres from spaced on tv
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've decided I didn't like that episode. The twist was too implausible and the theme park thing at the end was silly. Kudos on the first 25 minutes though. Brilliantly sustained tension and Michael Smiley was fantastic. I wish they'd stuck with the "unknown signal turning people homicidal" plot. I was digging that.

trial by twitter, internet trolling, etc

I don't think S02E02 was about the internet at all. It was the fact that she'd filmed the kid being killed, so they turned the books and are putting her through the same experience (Groundhog Day style).

I don't think S02E02 was about the internet at all. It was the fact that she'd filmed the kid being killed, so they turned the books and are putting her through the same experience (Groundhog Day style).

yeah and i thought it was also about the mob mentality of Daily Mail readers and the like. didn't get the twitter/facebook thing this time.

that was stupid. this season started well and got progressively sillier.

I think it was the over the top "absolutely" that followed with no sense of the sarcasm.

The last one had potential but they dropped the ball.
The second one was not far off mediaeval times with a modern slant. Could have been taken further to make it more interesting but maybe too violent for TV?
The first one was the only one that made me uncomfortable, and I mean that in a good way.
So agreed with pretty much everyone else in that it started out well, ended poorly.

the only thing about episode 3 was the parrallels with
the current election in italy where a party started by a comedian is estimated to be in 3rd place in the polling.

what's also interesting was the idea with having people vote online on issues if waldo was elected reminded me of this http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?73260-I-know-one-of-the-Dublin-South-by-election-candidates to do with the dublin south byelection

other than those two points, it was lacking i thought.i
liked the first two episodes of the series but the third was weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back