The box of broken leads. (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
We all have one. And a lot of us find it hard to throw them out.

Is there a way to discover which ones work and which ones don't? And maybe even where they are broken?

One that preferably doesn't involve having to plug into an amp as I don't always have an amp at home,and when I do it's too loud.

Obviously the intention is to salvage as many working leads as possible.

I'm surrounded by broken leads as I type.It causes a fair amount of domestic tension.

I can imagine. That's when you throw them all in a box. Mine is getting pretty full though. And seeing as I'm pretty broke these days,it's probably about time I sorted them.

Oh,I've a box of them too.Its a bastard trying to even untangle them.Thats why I usually just fork out for new ones all the time(which would also cause ripples in the domestic bliss if it were to become common knowledge)

Most of them have neutrik connectors already. I just need to discover what cablke is worth recycling.

For the multimeter set it to continuity test which should look like a sound wave kinda like the sunn logo, then check tip to tip and see if it beeps and likewise for the ring/sleeve.

You can see the symbol on this pic:

pcbcheckopen.jpg

I just turned on the amp and went through a pedal with the level really low. I could hear(or not as the case may be) the crackly/broken leads no problem. Sorted through most of them and now,after a little soldering I have 10 extra leads. Only threw out 4.

Pretty chuffed with myself.

I'll try them out properly at next practice.

For the multimeter set it to continuity test which should look like a sound wave kinda like the sunn logo, then check tip to tip and see if it beeps and likewise for the ring/sleeve.

Id also try this on the cables inside. Iv come across leads that the connectors were fine but somewhere within the lead the cable (i can assume) had been over stretched and broke. The lead then goes to lead heaven or I make two one footers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back