1 - Over the Hillside - 5:05
2 - The Downtown Lights - 6:29
3 - Let's Go Out Tonight - 5:16
4 - Headlights on the Parade - 6:16
5 - From a Late Night Train - 4:01
6 - Seven A.M. - 5:09
7 - Saturday Night - 6:27

Overview:
Hats is the second studio album by Scottish band The Blue Nile, originally released on 16 October 1989 on Linn Records and A&M Records.

After a prolonged delay in which an entire album's worth of work was scrapped, The Blue Nile released Hats to rave reviews, including a rare five-star rating from Q magazine. It also became the band's most successful album, reaching number 12 on the UK album charts and spawning three singles: "The Downtown Lights", "Headlights on the Parade", and "Saturday Night".

Interesting. One of those bands whose name I've heard over and over, but know nothing by them. I'm a couple of albums behind on album club (that last one was jaysus hard work) but will get cracking on this one.

yeah, so a lot of this sounds familiar. And I've heard the 3rd song before. Couldn't place it for a sec but then it came to me. It's on a Craig Armstrong album. Good album too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never knew the Blue Nile connection before.

I like it. Real late-night wind-down listening. Reminds me of Talk Talk a bit. The 80s really were deadly.
Yep it very much suits a evening / late night listen. And yes like Talk Talk ,they were one of those bands who were highly regarded and obsessed over by fans, but who never really made that mainstream crossover. Blue Nile's first album, A Walk Across The Rooftops, is also great and worth checking out.

It's music for people who are very close to not being arsed. Any time you don't feel arsed about something, this is the album to listen to. 'S good. The only album which is actually less arsed than this is the Mark Hollis solo album with the weird animal bag on the cover.

It's music for people who are very close to not being arsed. Any time you don't feel arsed about something, this is the album to listen to. 'S good. The only album which is actually less arsed than this is the Mark Hollis solo album with the weird animal bag on the cover.
I always wondered what the cover photo was on the Hollis album, is it a bag? It always looked like a type of pastry with a face to me!!

Ah, ok - From Wikipedia -

The cover photo, taken by Stephen Lovell-Davis, is of Sardinian Easter bread designed to resemble the lamb of god. Hollis stated about the image, "I like the way something appears to come out of his head; it makes me think of a fountain of ideas. Also the manner how the eyes are positioned fascinates me. When I saw the picture for the first time I had to laugh, but there's some very tragic about it at the same time."[8]

I'm in the heard the name but never the band camp. gonna give this a spin

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back