The Best Thing About Neil Young Tonight... (1 Viewer)

It actually wasn't the best thing about the night, as it was a brilliant show. It's just something I noticed.

Great show. The fucking crowd though. I was given out to for singing along to On The Way Home. Rock n' fucking roll or what. Fucking sick of these cunts who turn up to concerts and stand there stony faced and still. There was almost fisticuffs and I'm not a fighting man at all. Some fucking Brit. And some fucking fat bint who originally wouldn't let me through to go near the front. She put her arm out and said no even though there was a heap of room to get into to. That's the kind of shit that goes on these days. I had to push her aside and tell her to fuck off. Left an awful taste in the mouth. I don't want to have any of this shit at a concert. :mad:

He played Harvest Moon for a fella who wrote to Trasher's Wheat cos his Da died. Fair fucking play to Neil for that. He said happy father's day before. What a man.

"I've never been here before!"

I hate the fucking beatles though.

Great gig. Some of the songs he had been playing lately that he left out tonight kinda annoyed me like Tonights the Night and Cortez the Killer but the rest of it made up for not having them! 15 minute Down by the River .|..|.|..|.|..|

He played Harvest Moon for a fella who wrote to Trasher's Wheat cos his Da died. Fair fucking play to Neil for that. He said happy father's day before. What a man.

That's cool, fair play Neil. Enjoyed every minute of tonite, I thought the set list was pure gold. The big question is tho, did he just forget about the shirt or was just one half of him cold?

Villagers were great, and the sound in o2 is a great improvement on the point...my first time there for a gig.

I hafta say Neil was obviously brilliant but better at Primavera. As for the shirt thing, im just in from the pub where the lot of us spent the last hour drinking in Doyles with one side of our shirts off in homage to the loon, the man, the legend. His guitars sounded amazin!.|..|

Harvest moon was my Dublin highlight

Setlist:

Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) / Mansion On The Hill / Are You Ready For The Country? / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Pocahontas / Words / Cinnamon Girl / Mother Earth / Don't Let It Bring You Down / Lost In Space / On The Way Home / Burned / Harvest Moon / Down By The River / Get Behind The Wheel / Rockin' In The Free World // A Day In The Life

Excellent gig - the three songs from "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" were the highlight for me. Some nice guitar mangling as well!

Villagers were great.

Cool gig. Venue is shit. I was up in the seats towards the back. Might as well have been watching it on telly. Managed to get into it a bit by the end though.

Agree with cinnamon. Crowd were a pack of shits. The amount of people going to the jacks constantly, but mostly when a song they didn't know came on, was distracting. Everyone should be tied into their seat til the show is over.

It was a bit mad with the shirt alright.

Amazing gig. Had no idea Villagers were going to support. Would have tried to make it down a bit earlier if I had known ...

Cinnamon: I have some sympathy with the shusher. It can be kind of irritating standing/sitting beside someone singing lustily along completely out-of-tune right in your ear for no good reason other than to show off that they know the entire words to the most obscure song in the set. I mean, at least leave it to the choruses.

Scutter: About the going to the jacks thing - sure that's what Mother Earth is for. And Harvest Moon ...

I was holding out hope for Cortez The Killer too but the 15 minute Down By The River put paid to that I would say. Definitely made up for it though .. it was stunning. As were the other two songs from that record. And the acoustic Dont Let It Bring You Down. And My My Hey Hey .... I wish he could have played for about three hours more ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back