• Start date
  • Replies 140
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 6

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
I love Dublin, right? But I'm trying to think of things I love about Dublin. Like what makes it so good. So far I can only think of things like Lemon (I love Lemon), cycling out to Howth on a nice Sunday to the Farmer's Market, walking around town, Asbestos' "lost" stickers, Pat Ingoldsby and the Georgian houses.

What kind of things do you love about Dublin?

Grogans,The International, eating Burdocks with a can of coke in Christchurch.St.Annes park.Dollyer with the dog.The football club's happy hour.Watching my kid chase the squirrels in the Botanic garden.Picnics in the Phoenix park in September.Drinking.

The sea. The sea. The sea. Howth Head and the walk back to town. The canals. Old man pubs. The little old school row house neighborhoods. The sirens but mostly because it reminds me I'm living in a foreign county. Sometimes, I forget.

Feeding the reindeer in the Phoenix park at Christmas and rolling down the Popes cross hill during the summer.
Pottering around town on the weekend and knowing that you'll probably run into someone you know in a minute.
Driving down knockmaroon hill.
Eating cakes and drinking tea on a bench along the canal.

Eh, didn't a kid drown in the strawberry beds a few weeks ago? Beautiful spot though.

I dont know if you're allowed but we've done it every Christmas Eve since I was born, they're really friendly but not so keen on men. We tell the kids they're Santa's reindeer, so they spend ages looking for one with a red nose to give the biggest carrot to.

Oh the Christmas live animal crib at the Mansion House! I stop before and after work (sometimes during lunch too) to see the animals. It's the only thing I like about Christmas.

Burdocks crispy bits and Gruels brownies. mmmmmmmmmm

walking through college green, summer drinking by the pav, dublin castle / chester beatty library, cafe crepe (beats lemon hands down!), seeing junkie's make shows of themselves around marlboro/abbey street, central bank goths (if they still exist), simon's place.

Stephen's Green in the autumn when the leaves turn colour. Best early in the morning on Saturday when no one is around. Iveagh Gardens when it's not closed for various nonsense during the summer.

Oh and not specific to Dublin but the half pint glasses that look like mini pints. Love when I get those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back