• Start date
  • Replies 140
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 6
He's English, come on lads.

ooo are u callin english?

article-0-00C9756F00000190-752_468x727.jpg

fucks sake, can't believe no one has posted this yet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you noticed most fluent english speaking sweedish (in dublin) have a touch of a wicklow accent?

me and a few ppl have noticed this

never having lived in dublin for more then a few days, i'd say the only reason i go there is to see people or go to events that a city that size can sustain..like gigs etc... things people mention here seem to be sea, autumn, mountains, monuments, history ...all of which isnt specific to dublin at any level. its more a thread about what you like to do in the communal place you live... like these all sound like pastimes. most people i know who went to dublin, it was for education or employment, and to get off 'the farm' and see the world. a mate actually attributes dublin in the present to the sitcom 'friends'.. which made apartment and coffee shop lifestyle attractive in the 90's.

a mate actually attributes dublin in the present to the sitcom 'friends'.. which made apartment and coffee shop lifestyle attractive in the 90's.

keep that for the worst things about dublin thread Ann

never having lived in dublin for more then a few days, i'd say the only reason i go there is to see people or go to events that a city that size can sustain..like gigs etc... things people mention here seem to be sea, autumn, mountains, monuments, history ...all of which isnt specific to dublin at any level. its more a thread about what you like to do in the communal place you live... like these all sound like pastimes. most people i know who went to dublin, it was for education or employment, and to get off 'the farm' and see the world. a mate actually attributes dublin in the present to the sitcom 'friends'.. which made apartment and coffee shop lifestyle attractive in the 90's.

As I have never lived in the Dublin that you are speaking of, never been in coffee shop and have had to live in tiny freezing Dublin6/8 apartments or in Tallaght my whole life I find your critique of our city insulting and considering the title of this thread, unsolicited. If what you are trying to say is that the only reason that you visit Dublin is because it is the only city on the island which attracts the kind of cultural events which are common place in most cities in Europe then fine but leave it at that. I'm sure there are fifty I hate Dublin threads knocking about but for fuck sake can you just leave one for us to occasionally celebrate our city and share recomendations with each other. Your mate is talking about a tiny minority of the people in Dublin and it is these types who will succeed only in choking this city and destroying what is left of the diverse culture that attracts you to it in the first place. Next time you're here visit the gallery of photography or the science gallery or IMMA or go see something at the national concert hall or visit Seomra Spraoi and read something in their library while having dinner there or walk out to Clontarf or have a picnic in Merrion square park or take a bus out to the mountains at Tallaght and look at the sea of streetlights or do anything that's posted here but for fuck sake don't go on a thread that says the "best thing about Dublin" and criticise it. We know how shit it can be we fucking live here.

I love crossing the bridge at Parliament St. of a cool clear Autumn or Winter's afternoon and looking down towards the Ha'Penny Bridge etc. When the light is right, it's just perfect. I love the river at night, especially when the city is reflected in its waters, phantom underwater streets. But all in all, I'd say that Grogan's is the best thing about Dublin. If it ever closes that's it, I'm leaving.

eh? I saw one of those in a shop in valencia... but if you look at the background, that's atocha station in madrid. I'm confused. is there a giant metal alien in dublin somewhere too? if so I want to know about it.

I've been mostly living back up here for the last 4+ months. things I like about dublin:

grogans (still prefer callanan's in cork but it's definitely my fave here)
dublin bikes
all the different funny dublin accents
dorset street (not sure why but I like it)
good chippers (cork has shit chippers. that includes lennox's. especially lennox's)
last but not least: an abundance of cheap and readily available heroin

it's a much less grim town than I remember from ten years ago. deadly buzz.

last but not least: an abundance of cheap and readily available heroin

it's a much less grim town than I remember from ten years ago. deadly buzz.

Eh do you really take heroin? I know how niave that sounds but I' a little conserned for you.

Cheap readilly available Heroin actually does make Dublin a nicer city to be in. Where I live you can buy it in the lane behind my gaf and when there's a drought in the horse that's when the junkies get really messy. I'm pretty sure there was a major drought during the summer cos they were all going fucking mental for about two weeks. I like my junkies the way i like my patients. Heavily sedated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back