the best dinner you can cook (1 Viewer)

my dinner special is:

grilled salmon steaks atop toasted foccacia bread and lightly balsamic vinegar-dressed lettuce. dollop of homemade tomato salsa on top and some guacamole.
spudato gratin on the side.

absolut result.

Chicken with cannelini beans and leeks in a white wine and cream sauce, served with garlic and coriander broccoli and baby new potatoes.

I was told you wouldn't get nicer in a restaurant.

Not my receipe, Jamie Oliver's.

La La said:
loving the sound of teh garlic and coriander broccolli. yummmmmmmmmm
I'll dig out the receipe and post it for ya, I'm a wee bit hungover now and can't remember...:eek:

Also, my easiest and favouritest:

Bacon and sweet peppers in pesto and cream cheese sauce with fusilli.

Thin slices of bacon fried in olive oil to brown, add the chopped sweet peppers then the pesto and a dollop of Philidelphia. Wait until its all melted then throw in some cooked fusilli. Season with freshly cracked black pepper, top with a few sundried tomatoes.

Yum.

I make nice pommes dauphinoise. The key is to use Marks & Spencer Jersey cream - it has the thickness of Greek yoghurt.

Being a Sassnach, I also make a mean roast beef with roast spuds and Yorkshire puds. .|..|

Made this thing off the BBC website recently for a mate which went down well, chicken breast, stuffed with mozerella and basil, wrapped in bacon, served on red cabbage. Yums it was.

Wavioli said:
i put parmesan onto the beans, which are lovingly smothering lightly grilled um, well - bread.
beans on toast rules.

4 slices of white bread toasted to a nice light brown, well buttered, cut in half & arranged in a circle around the plate to be topped off with 1 tin of Heinz beans.

amazing.

Fuckin' Foie gras crostini with truffled fuckin' apples

Simmer black truffle dice for about 15 poxy minutes in just enough fuckin butter, cream and a touch of Sauternes or Semillon to cover the poxy fuckin' truffles. Slice and sautee the bollix out of crisp green apples very briefly in this sauce, about a minute - there should be a bit of fuckin crispness left in the apples. You want the end result to have very little poxy fuckin' liquid. Serve on mixed spring greens (I like frisee and baby oak) with rounds of poached foie gras and crisp fuckin' crostini.

The governator arnie schwartenegger went on an anti fois gras crusade a few years back.

I saw a programme about it on the telly, a hidden camera in a welly job, and the whole forced feeding routine was hard to watch.

pete said:
beans on toast rules.

4 slices of white bread toasted to a nice light brown, well buttered, cut in half & arranged in a circle around the plate to be topped off with 1 tin of Heinz beans.

amazing.

4 slices!!

wow pete, livin the dream. All that subscription money's gone to your head.

Lefty Frizzell said:
The governator arnie schwartenegger went on an anti fois gras crusade a few years back.

I saw a programme about it on the telly, a hidden camera in a welly job, and the whole forced feeding routine was hard to watch.
I remember after reading that first anthony bourdain book, and how he went on about it incessantly, i was dying to try the stuff. Then a chef mate told me what it was and i couldn't understand why anyone would want to eat it. Rich cunts.

Still, mass farming's alright, gets you out in the sun and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back