The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (3 Viewers)

There was no riff, they were just banging their fretboard aimlessly every two minutes, and good luck to you if you think that’s deadly but I think you’ve been had.
There is, it’s just very slow. It’s literally their thing (and it’s lifted from Earth who did the same thing with Slayer riffs), it takes longer than two minutes but then again I’m a sucker for liking things.

Is this Tune Yards

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is Tune Yards.

Mini rant about Twitter here. Set up an account for my band about a year ago and pretty much never use it. I remember logging on one time and sat for about 10 minutes reading an argument between 2 dickheads about Fr John Misty. I just thought, not only am I wasting reading this shite but I could actually be listening to music I like instead of doing this. I mean I don’t even any major feelings on Fr John Misty, could take or leave him. He’s grand

Getting a similarish sort of feeling looking at your man’s post there. Like @Lili Marlene said, Tune yards released 3 amazing albums and put on a brilliant live show any time I’ve seen them/her. But instead of listening to and enjoying her music, I’m reading this dumb fuck’s snarky hot take and the ensuing argument underneath on a 10 second clip that’s been taken out of context from what was actually a really good performance. What’s even worse is that I’m engaging with this nonsense and am part of the problem too!

This is Tune Yards.

Mini rant about Twitter here. Set up an account for my band about a year ago and pretty much never use it. I remember logging on one time and sat for about 10 minutes reading an argument between 2 dickheads about Fr John Misty. I just thought, not only am I wasting reading this shite but I could actually be listening to music I like instead of doing this. I mean I don’t even any major feelings on Fr John Misty, could take or leave him. He’s grand

Getting a similarish sort of feeling looking at your man’s post there. Like @Lili Marlene said, Tune yards released 3 amazing albums and put on a brilliant live show any time I’ve seen them/her. But instead of listening to and enjoying her music, I’m reading this dumb fuck’s snarky hot take and the ensuing argument underneath on a 10 second clip that’s been taken out of context from what was actually a really good performance. What’s even worse is that I’m engaging with this nonsense and am part of the problem too!
Yes, ultimately who really cares what that guy or anyone else thinks of a band

This whole thread is meaningless

There was no riff.
There is, it’s just very slow. It’s literally their thing (and it’s lifted from Earth who did the same thing with Slayer riffs), it takes longer than two minutes but then again I’m a sucker for liking things.
I was there and have ears my friend, there was no riff when I saw them, quite recently.

Drones are also acceptable to me.

Good band alright.

I thought Sunn0))) were great the bunch of times I saw them. Have a few records/CDs too but don't feel the need to keep up.

Would go see them again.

I didn’t like them for years but Marquee Moon clicked for me about a year or two ago. I don’t think I’ve listened to anything else by them though.

I know and liked Marquee Moon the song for YEARS but didn't actually bother with the album, bar a single cursory listen aged about 19, until album club.

With all the NYC punk context long stripped from it it's now just a cool sounding album imho, I don't really know how anyone couldn't like it, quite accessible sounding to my ears, unless of course it's that's very accessibility that's putting you off.

Maybe read up a bit more on the context if it all feels a bit underwhelming?

I was going to post in "unpopular opinions" that the song Marquee Moon is overlong and could have used some editing

So I did it here instead

This is a class version I heard for the first time at the weekend. Dunno who the Bryan guy is though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back