The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

I’ve only seen them once at that famous Electric Picnic performance that was the Sex Pistols at the Manchester Free Trade Hall for our generation. They were shit.
Yeah, I had some mates who were mad into them who dragged me along and they have appeared at various festivals over the years, honestly they were pretty good every time but i'll never actually go out of my way to see them.

I just remember everyone got mad at them a few years ago circa Everything Now I think because they did this pisstake-y media campaign and I was just a bit taken aback by the reaction. Like, HOW DARE YOU TRY AND DO SOMETHING IRONIC, MEDIA MUST BE SERIOUS. Everything Now (the song) is pretty good in a radio friendly bland way. I'd rather them than Ed Sheeran.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lennon thought so.

Broken English is a great album in a year of great albums. and, like she did for everyone, Jackie DeShannon wrote her a great song in Come and Stay With Me

That's more than most people get tbh.

I'm not particularly invested in the whole mythology around her so i've never really gone much further than that.

The run from Modern Life up to and including 13 is pretty faultless imho but there's no doubt that a) Damon rubs everyone up the wrong way and b) their stuff was incredibly arch and anyone looking for big open emotions, or raw rock and roll, would be better to look elsewhere.

mind you, speaking of big emotions, they still had this kind of thing going on

Last edited:
As the years go by I realise more and more how very "ordinary" Oasis was. I remember guffawing at the "we're the best band in the world" brag back in the day, realising even then that they were at best a glorified bar band that had overperformed. They have a handful of memorable songs that might last the test of time, but "meh" is where I think they're headed in the history books. BLur came across as much more creative as time went on.

Cast were better than both. There, I said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back