The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

They’re boring? I find listening to more than 1-2 songs by them to be a real slog, let alone a whole album. Also, “Easy” can go and fuck itself, what an annoying song.
Fair enough, fair enough. I don't find them boring, and you can blame Lionel Richie for Easy.

I like them, but the last album I really listened to was king for a day.....and that was 25 years ago.
I've listened to the albums since but honestly, yeah, more or less the same. I do find everything post King for a Day verging on boring.

I have a complicated relationship with Patton. He's done song great stuff but other times the sound of his voice an instant turn off.
That new Mr Bungle thing is pretty rocking though, but Introduce Yourself will always be he best FNM.

Will Oldham, I don't get him. I was just listening to I See A Darkness there because I have a CD player again for the first time in years and I took my CDs from my parents house and I'm listening to random selections.

Currently listening to Chris Cutler & Fred Frith Live in Moscow, Prague and Washington. This is great, I love it. One of those albums that opened the door for me to free improv stuff. It's not quite as out there as I thought it was when I first heard it but whatever.

Will Oldham, I don't get him. I was just listening to I See A Darkness there because I have a CD player again for the first time in years and I took my CDs from my parents house and I'm listening to random selections.

I think he's great but I wouldn't go as far as to say that It think any of his albums are especially amazing. Definitely a 'best-of' kind of artist.

I think individual albums by Oldham are amazing (I See a Darkness, Superwolf, Master and Everyone are my favourites) and some are dreadful. His catalogue is a minefield.

He’s consistently great live though.

Currently listening to Chris Cutler & Fred Frith Live in Moscow, Prague and Washington. This is great, I love it. One of those albums that opened the door for me to free improv stuff. It's not quite as out there as I thought it was when I first heard it but whatever.
I really like his stuff. Years ago I remember playing The Palace Brothers and someone declared it sounded like the squeaky voiced teen from The Simpsons.

I couldn't really argue and that observation has been stuck in head ever since.

I really like his stuff. Years ago I remember playing The Palace Brothers and someone declared it sounded like the squeaky voiced teen from The Simpsons.

I can hear it. I was going to say Joanna Newsom and Lisa Simpson but I checked again and I don't hear it so much now. Listen to how bad this is
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

similarly for me someone once said - Neil Young sounds like kermit the frog. and I cannot escape it

similarly for me someone once said - Neil Young sounds like kermit the frog. and I cannot escape it
King Diamond's falsetto = Elmo

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back