The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

Trailer was absolutely important when i was 12 and from Northern Ireland. 1977 never had the same impact and i left it there.

Enjoyed Nuclear Sounds on Tim's Twitter party during lockdown. Meant to listen through their discography after that. Some great singles to be fair.

I only got into them because they were playing Electric Picnic and I had never heard of them before.

I think ive said it before on here but I am OBSESSED with their Stevie Wonder cover - taking one of the most famous livest of live hits that has ever existed and turning it into a robotic mechanical monster

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like everything Sparks its not entirely serious but its not exactly taking the piss either. I don't even know if you can say its any good but, oh man, when the ludicrous metal guitar starts playing near the end... Lololol

I had to check the source on that. I've no idea if its good or not either.

Completely forgot to mention, this is the TUNE off the new record. glammest melody for years. For one listen i've three faves on this record already. no idea if this is a good sign.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've dusted off The Real Thing due to the FNM bashing here to give it a reappraisal.

Rap and faux operatic vocals over metal chugga riffage, airy synths and slap bass - what's not to like (don't answer)? It has dated horribly, and is fantastic.

Was wondering what was going on there, this clarfifies it. My tape didn't have that on it.

Angel Dust is a magnificent record. Dynamics all over the place, gets under your skin constantly, cathartic, funny, everyone playing was probaby enough to make one decent band on their talent alone. Like to listen to something like 'king for a day', or introduce someone to it and be like 'this isn't their intense stuff, you need to hear angel dust' and then you realise king for a day is better than anything most bands ever did in their careers. Kinda mad that in some ways, its a debut album.

Which is a debut album (in some ways)?

I've dusted off The Real Thing due to the FNM bashing here to give it a reappraisal.

Rap and faux operatic vocals over metal chugga riffage, airy synths and slap bass - what's not to like (don't answer)? It has dated horribly, and is fantastic.

100% same reaction on my return to the Real Thing last summer.,

angel dust, just in some ways. The music was written for TRT when he joined so he was kinda in as a singer over stuff that was largely already done - AD was the first time that lineup did something together.

Got ya. I was thinking King For A Day was such a departure that you might have been eyeing that as the almost debut. So could have been either.

Got ya. I was thinking King For A Day was such a departure that you might have been eyeing that as the almost debut. So could have been either.

King for a day is essentially missing Roddy because he was having a tough time, but in ways his absence kinda means he's all over it as some kind of orbital influence - I don't know how exactly i'd explain that but I'm sure you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back