The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

I'm not arguing or looking to be convinced. Just commenting in the original spirit of the thread; I "know" he/they are talented and popular but I don't understand or get the reverence , the elevation above other, similar artists or what makes them so special.

They're grand and all but...meh.

I just wanted to put it out there and it felt good to do so.

And I'd do it again.

I just think he's awful.

the original album didn't have it. it was added to track listing on later editions. the midnight cowboy theme was intended as the closer.

Was wondering what was going on there, this clarfifies it. My tape didn't have that on it.

Angel Dust is a magnificent record. Dynamics all over the place, gets under your skin constantly, cathartic, funny, everyone playing was probaby enough to make one decent band on their talent alone. Like to listen to something like 'king for a day', or introduce someone to it and be like 'this isn't their intense stuff, you need to hear angel dust' and then you realise king for a day is better than anything most bands ever did in their careers. Kinda mad that in some ways, its a debut album.

They're like Steely Dan for people who actually enjoy music instead of just feeling superior.

Not mad on their latest few albums but, in fairness, they're in their 70s, I may grow into them.

Cancelled btw.

Lawmower is still going good over here, the one about the iphone too. ONly got one listen so far.

Hello young lovers was my first sparks album though.

Lawmower is still going good over here, the one about the iphone too. ONly got one listen so far.

Hello young lovers was my first sparks album though.

I only got into them because they were playing Electric Picnic and I had never heard of them before.

I think ive said it before on here but I am OBSESSED with their Stevie Wonder cover - taking one of the most famous livest of live hits that has ever existed and turning it into a robotic mechanical monster

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like everything Sparks its not entirely serious but its not exactly taking the piss either. I don't even know if you can say its any good but, oh man, when the ludicrous metal guitar starts playing near the end... Lololol

WTF, do you lads not like guitars? Get the Led out.

As a teenager it was all about Led Zep II, but i was giving Houses of the Holy a spin yesterday. Class. Don't know anything after it, apart from the live comps that came out around the turn of the century.

On thread, Beck. Everything after Loser seemed dull as dishwasher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back