The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

Of the many iggy solo records I've bought over the years,the only one i kept was new values.

I recently tried to listened to that iggy/bowie years thing on spotify and had to stop. Even the live versions of stooges songs were bad.

I'm not at all a fan of bowie either,which is kind of surprising as he was an influence on some of my favourite bands.

All this Bowie talk has got me pulling out the records, and by god Lodger is a consistently good album. He doesn't half wear his influences sometimes though. Look Back in Anger is basically a Scott Walker impression.

I really liked Iggy’s Post Pop Depression, I was quite surprised by how good it was. The live at the Royal Albert Hall album from the same time was great too. As good as the classic two? No, but way better than pretty much everything else he’s done since.

I have realised that this could also mean I could be put in the "celebrity creep" thread, although I am not a "celebrity", of course. And I'm also not a "creep", honestly :).
I don't think there's much competition between you and bowie in regards who was the celebrity creep tbh

Seeing as he is back in the news again, Kanye West. I don't know much about him apart from his irritating media presence but his Glastonbury set was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Having never really liked anything of theirs that I've heard I'd never actually listened to a Led Zep album in full before this afternoon.

I at least, is pretty shite.

Yes it is.

Kinda think they got really good after IV

this is my fav song of theirs, its redic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes it is.

Kinda think they got really good after IV

this is my fav song of theirs, its redic.

Oh yeah if this just sounds like a bunch of lads playing a bunch of riffs in a row to you then you are 100% on the money. As they got older they kinda got a bit arty about things, the singer learned to hang back more and just enjoy notes that werent the loudest highest ones. I've seen this one played live by a tribute act a few times and while the studio one obvs is layered to all kindom come as a live thing it is just unreal how much interplay there is between 3 instruments and singer, which is what I enjoy about the late period stuff. Also they'd been jamming so long they all thought an 11 minute rock out was like a normal thing. Those lazy fucks over at tool would do this at half the tempo.

Seeing as he is back in the news again, Kanye West. I don't know much about him apart from his irritating media presence but his Glastonbury set was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

this album though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back