The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (6 Viewers)

hahaha...fucking hell, it's not quite how I remembered

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i saw Consolidated live twice, once in London in 1994, around the time of the introduction of the criminal justice bill over there, and once in San Francisco a year or two after doing a benefit for a women's clinic, and their thing was to stop the gig midway for a Q&A/debate with the audience. Years ahead of their time so they were.

i saw Consolidated live twice, once in London in 1994, around the time of the introduction of the criminal justice bill over there, and once in San Francisco a year or two after doing a benefit for a women's clinic, and their thing was to stop the gig midway for a Q&A/debate with the audience. Years ahead of their time so they were.
Yeah I had a tape of one of their gigs. They were well woke. Years ahead of their time. Still though..
STFU and play some music

It's actually interesting to see how the most anodyne, useless pop shite (Ed Sheeran) tries very hard to mix the wokiest of woke imagery (ALL WOMAN BAND OF OF ALL RACES BEING EMPOWERED) with the most traditionally obvious of rock images (punk rock/LA rock club and guitar hero poses)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's just musical instagram though isn't it? This will be forgotten in six months and the un-woke likes of AC/DC it's trying to update will still be listened to.

I've tried listening to Idles to see what all the fuss is about. They are no better or no worse than half the bands I played with at punk gigs in Dublin and Cork since the 90s

Is it that the indie crowd, or possibly more accurately, the music press has just discovered this type of punk?

Fair play to them and all, but I've seen better on the bottom of the bill at an all ages afternoon show in Fred Zeppelins

I’d listened to them a few times and found them grand, fairly enjoyable. Went to see them last night in Iveagh Gardens because I knew a few people going and absolutely loved it. I’m still kind of buzzing from it which never happens too much for me after gigs these days. They put on a fantastic show and there was a really great atmosphere at it

I've seen Jello Biafra and he is prone to a bit of between song banter, but he never outstays his welcome and is entertaining. I've been in bands where the singer says a word or two before we launch into the song and that's grand. I've also been in bands where I wanted to boot the singer up the hole and tell him to get on with it.

I remember seeing a band called All Torn Up in the Bowery. Decent band but the lead singer spent more time giving out about Trump than playing music. It was an awful pain in the hole

It's just whre we are now. AT Wodstock they all prohlay believe it when they bleated on about peace and love,
I’d listened to them a few times and found them grand, fairly enjoyable. Went to see them last night in Iveagh Gardens because I knew a few people going and absolutely loved it. I’m still kind of buzzing from it which never happens too much for me after gigs these days. They put on a fantastic show and there was a really great atmosphere at it
Good, I'm glad. I know they're good at what they do, and I'm glad they have a following. They're going to have a great career, and fair play. . It's just that to me they sound like every band in the 90s who hadn't yet done the leaving but had heard contemporary American 90s punk. It's not such a bad thing.

It's just whre we are now. AT Wodstock they all prohlay believe it when they bleated on about peace and love,

Good, I'm glad. I know they're good at what they do, and I'm glad they have a following. They're going to have a great career, and fair play. . It's just that to me they sound like every band in the 90s who hadn't yet done the leaving but had heard contemporary American 90s punk. It's not such a bad thing.

I’ll be honest and say I don’t think they’re that amazing musically but I do think they’ve tapped into something mood wise. There is a fucking huge amount of negativity at the moment in the press, in social media, in advertising and I think they’re a welcome break from all that. You know that horrible feeling that you get when you read the comments section on the Journal or an immigration thread on boards.ie, being at an Idles gig is the exact opposite of that.

I vaguely remember consolidated. Had to look them up. I tend not to like shaved head bands... There's a few exceptions. They're not one of them.

Jaysis, 4a.m. Johnny. You can't keep burning the candle at both ends like this

Up until Thursday I had yet to 'get' Idles so listened to most of the last record before heading to this. Fun show. Rolling Blackouts C.F. who I'd heard of but never listened were good. The Claque are fantastic.

I don't get them either, I just feel I've heard it all before, nothing new to see. I listened to some of their stuff because the child went to see them the other night with the ex and he had a wonderful time, but he's eleven. Seemed to be loads of forty somethings at it from the sound of things.

I don't get them either, I just feel I've heard it all before, nothing new to see. I listened to some of their stuff because the child went to see them the other night with the ex and he had a wonderful time, but he's eleven. Seemed to be loads of forty somethings at it from the sound of things.

There was

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back