The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

(I have no problem with bands taking a moment out of their set to say this stuff)

I remember bands actually pulling out sheets of paper and listing off all the things that are wrong in the world: statistics about rain forest destruction, war is bad,the intrinsic evil of McDonalds etc. It's good to make a stand for your beliefs but geez louise, maybe sing about it or something. Maybe I just I have an aversion to be being lectured, by musicians.

To quote that guy on that record, the name of which escapes me " Well I think you should shut the fuck up and play some fucking music"

hahaha...fucking hell, it's not quite how I remembered

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I remember bands actually pulling out sheets of paper and listing off all the things that are wrong in the world: statistics about rain forest destruction, war is bad,the intrinsic evil of McDonalds etc.
Ah I think that's great! Ripe for being unintentionally hilarious but still great.

Here lads, check this out

Well have at it so!

I never really dug earnestness,even when I was an idealistic young lad.

I'd be more of a Rod Stewart fan

I remember bands actually pulling out sheets of paper and listing off all the things that are wrong in the world: statistics about rain forest destruction, war is bad,the intrinsic evil of McDonalds etc. It's good to make a stand for your beliefs but geez louise, maybe sing about it or something. Maybe I just I have an aversion to be being lectured, by musicians.

To quote that guy on that record, the name of which escapes me " Well I think you should shut the fuck up and play some fucking music"
I remember Fergal McKee taking out the Evening Herald and burning it onstage in the olympia. ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL

CONSIDER THIS

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Boomtown Rats ripping up pictures of John Travolta

I wish bands would talk more about what the songs are about,at least if it's worth talking about. But,the singer needs to actually be able to talk confidently. It's a lost art that few had to begin with.

I've seen Jello Biafra and he is prone to a bit of between song banter, but he never outstays his welcome and is entertaining. I've been in bands where the singer says a word or two before we launch into the song and that's grand. I've also been in bands where I wanted to boot the singer up the hole and tell him to get on with it.

Listen to this podcast

it's where I get all my pop music history these days
Each episodes are too god damn long.
Jesus christ I see the most recent one is four hours long! I usually get through about two a month at most listening at 1.5 speed.
I gave up. Enjoyed the first few, but they are are much too long. Also became a sausage fest.

I gave up. Enjoyed the first few, but they are are much too long. Also became a sausage fest.
Yeah, it takes AGES for Sarah Bee to come back, but I think they realized this and she's in every second episode or so after about episode 15. She's much needed in all honesty. It's a podcast you can't "binge," too fucking long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back