The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

The Beatles have an album's worth of good stuff, the rest, from what I've heard, is shit. Neither of my parents ever bought a Beatles' record (unless you count my ma's 7" of Sandie Shaw's brilliant version of Maybe I'm Amazed) and they bought pretty much most of what was deadly back in the day. The apple don't fall far from the tree.

I'd argue about Destroyer (amazing gig in Whelans a few months ago) and Of Montreal (they've lost their way a tad but they're continually interesting).

There's loads of bands I don't get but I just tend to ignore them these days, still scarred from previous inquisitive meanderings into the song catalogues of The Libertines and the Arctic Monkeys.

The Beatles have an album's worth of good stuff, the rest, from what I've heard, is shit. Neither of my parents ever bought a Beatles' record (unless you count my ma's 7" of Sandie Shaw's brilliant version of Maybe I'm Amazed) and they bought pretty much most of what was deadly back in the day. The apple don't fall far from the tree.

Maybe it was because they were too popular and your folks were music snobs.

This is a fierce negative thread. Future Islands are great.

Hear hear. I can safely say I love way more bands mentioned in this thread than I loathe, or even don't get. Reminds me of the time Stephen Fry tried to put Room 101 into Room 101 and replace it with Room Lovely.

Hear hear. I can safely say I love way more bands mentioned in this thread than I loathe, or even don't get. Reminds me of the time Stephen Fry tried to put Room 101 into Room 101 and replace it with Room Lovely.

au contraire, I think its quite a departure for thumped to be able to talk in negative terms about a band, yet still maintain a modicum of respect for them.

thumped has definitely lost its edge!

au contraire, I think its quite a departure for thumped to be able to talk in negative terms about a band, yet still maintain a modicum of respect for them.

thumped has definitely lost its edge!

Pull the other one. There's been little in the line of proper discussion here, just people listing bands they don't like or trashing folk way more talented than themselves. And these threads are a staple of this forum. Not that I'm complaining. It's pretty entertaining and worth it for the odd bit genuine debate or intelligent discourse.

Pull the other one. There's been little in the line of proper discussion here, just people listing bands they don't like or trashing folk way more talented than themselves. And these threads are a staple of this forum. Not that I'm complaining. It's pretty entertaining and worth it for the odd bit genuine debate or intelligent discourse.

I dunno, I think thats harsh. Its difficult to rationalise why you don't like a band that you clearly should like.

It is for me anyway.

I dunno, I think thats harsh. Its difficult to rationalise why you don't like a band that you clearly should like.

It is for me anyway.

I guess so. But I think what you say there has a lot to do with it. Why should anyone feel they have to like any particular band. A lot of bands get judged harshly because of hype/expectation.

Radiohead at least had the songs at one point. Pearl Jam are just shite and always were.

You're not listening properly.

Ten is great for getting absolutely hammered to,

Do The Ten Drinking game.

You will need

A Copy of Ten

A Stereo

A few mates

A bottle or 2 of strong liquor

A few cans each

A designated sober person to make sure no one dies

Do a shot of either liquor or eventually beer (it's hard pace to keep up.) every time Vedder goes "Yeaaaaah" or "WOO" or "Uh-huh" or any other needless vocal bravadoism. And take a swig of beer that lasts the length of each guitar solo.

You'll be singing along to Black like your life depended on it by the end.

The Soundgarden, Super Unknown game is basically the same but no one can drink that much. By the end of Fell on Black Days you'll be fucking destroyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back