The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (3 Viewers)

not a great comparison - posh arty sleaze ponce was always Ferry's brand.
its not like he ever presented himself, or was presented as being in touch with the common man on the factory floor.
I thought we were critiquing the reality of the upbringing of the artist vs their image here? I suppose we're critiquing their fans as well.

I'm not being entirely serious either, I have little interest in Springsteen but if he wants to write romanticized songs about New Jersey blue collar life that's fine by me. Same as Ferry never writing songs about council estates and labourers.

I thought we were critiquing the reality of the upbringing of the artist vs their image here? I suppose we're critiquing their fans as well.

I'm not being entirely serious either, I have little interest in Springsteen but if he wants to write romanticized songs about New Jersey blue collar life that's fine by me.

think it was more a go a springsteen for presenting a 'working man' persona and quite happily riding his fans financially rather than his class origin.

and a go at the fans as well.

Jim Diamond is Neil Diamond for Scottish people

Celebrity Death Match Jim Diamond?

Springsteen,Young, Diamond, Dylan, vs the ghost of Crosby, featuring Steely Dan and Meat Loaf for some reason. And yerman out of Ink ployd, whichever one. It'd be worth watching.

Glitter and R. Kelly vs a vengeful Judy Garland. Featuring Alanis Morisette.

Every grey haired musician you've ever heard of watching nervously in the crowd.

If people want to have a go at Springsteen for the reality of his life no longer* reflecting the characters he inhabits/portrays/depicts in his songs I hope they also have problems with the professions of acting and novel writing.

* If it ever did, he might have started writing out about the people and places he knew as a young man but he'll readily admit that he's never had a "real" job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back