The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

First album was great and she was amazing live. I can recall seeing her first gig in Whelans, the Body and Soul at EP, and playing in the Tivoli and all shows were mind-blowing. Her subsequent albums were hard work.

This is her Freebird

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When @rettucs says first album he means second album.

Oof that's bad ..I remember the name alright but never heard the sound.

Not good. At all.

I put a song in here once and you said it was so good you couldn't believe people were listening to Adele and not her.

Thumped has no fucking memory.

Anyway, I've been wondering for a while if people would come for her music, which was always approaching blackface, but got worse when she wrote entire albums apologizing for that, which says something.

First three albums still good 👍

It was weird how big she got, from an almost empty Whelans to a sold out Button Factory in about 18 months.

God forbid somewhat challenging music gets a wider audience like yer man on twitter is hating on. Entry level for life.

Sunn o))) have a rig run down up on the premier guitar youtube page.
Loads of amps, loads of fuzz pedals.
I knew the name, but not the music so had a listen
Just droning guitars & feedback and not much else. Fuck that.
Don't have the patience for this type of shite any more.

One of the best live bands EVER!

Agree with DK. Have no interest in sitting down and listening to them at home but live they're great fun.

The Life Metal and companion album are great imo.

I think they are the “emperor’s new clothes” of noise/experimental whatever. The sheer sound is an experience for two minutes, but then they do NOTHING of any meaning for an hour (at least when I saw them). If that’s it then I honestly think people who say they are great are being had.

Oh and the limited edition modelled bomber jackets add a nice touch to the hoax vibe.

I turned down guestlist for Swans in Berlin years ago. No regrets.

Had been to see the Tiger Lillies the night before in a big old theatre..who were literally unbelievable

Lightning Bolt in Whelans just gone will have been my last noise gig. Ive heard enough

I think they are the “emperor’s new clothes” of noise/experimental whatever. The sheer sound is an experience for two minutes, but then they do NOTHING of any meaning for an hour (at least when I saw them). If that’s it then I honestly think people who say they are great are being had.

Oh and the limited edition modelled bomber jackets add a nice touch to the hoax vibe.
That’s it and it’s deadly. You don’t need to read anything more into it, it’s one long riff - either you’re into it or you’re not.

That’s it and it’s deadly. You don’t need to read anything more into it, it’s one long riff - either you’re into it or you’re not.
There was no riff, they were just banging their fretboard aimlessly every two minutes, and good luck to you if you think that’s deadly but I think you’ve been had.

Sunn 0))) sped up.
This sounds very like the second EARTH LP from 1993 - not too surprisingly
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there is an argument that after all these years they have exhausted this idiom but how many bands/genres can you say that about? IMO they were one of the few really original 'popular' rock bands of the last few decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back