The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
I am on the fence as to whether Pere Ubu are overrated. There’s just not that much there, and the singing is annoying.
I understand completely. I will say that the very earliest singles are bangers (basically the first 4-5 tracks on Terminal Tower) but everything else I’ve heard does nothing for me. And yeah, David Thomas sounds like a Jim Henson creation most of the time.

guided by voices.

(ducks)
The most disappointing experience of my life was finally listening to this supposedly amazing band.

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I thought they were a feel-good sound-bad band that wore shorts and jumped around while they played their instruments? I saw them once decades ago and this is my only memory. Could be mixing them up...

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
That Pretty Happy band. Pretty annoying more like.
This is my first time hearing of them.. a quick google tells me A. They are rubbish and B. They are managed by Leagues..and c. They are from Cork. They sound like they're from Cork alright

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Bjork is back. I like that she pushes the boat out and is always doing interesting new things but I can't listen to her
Yeah its a shame ..she's just on the verge of doing something I can love with this new stuff. Its all a bit jarring

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Gilla Band
National Stadium
145 S Circular Rd, Saint Catherine's, Dublin, D08 HY40, Ireland
Yule (15 Years)
Dalymount Park
7 Dalymount, Phibsborough, Dublin 7, D07 P2T0, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads