The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (4 Viewers)

I am on the fence as to whether Pere Ubu are overrated. There’s just not that much there, and the singing is annoying.
I understand completely. I will say that the very earliest singles are bangers (basically the first 4-5 tracks on Terminal Tower) but everything else I’ve heard does nothing for me. And yeah, David Thomas sounds like a Jim Henson creation most of the time.

guided by voices.

(ducks)
The most disappointing experience of my life was finally listening to this supposedly amazing band.

I thought they were a feel-good sound-bad band that wore shorts and jumped around while they played their instruments? I saw them once decades ago and this is my only memory. Could be mixing them up...

That Pretty Happy band. Pretty annoying more like.
This is my first time hearing of them.. a quick google tells me A. They are rubbish and B. They are managed by Leagues..and c. They are from Cork. They sound like they're from Cork alright

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is my first time hearing of them.. a quick google tells me A. They are rubbish and B. They are managed by Leagues..and c. They are from Cork. They sound like they're from Cork alright

they sound like a whiney hoovers and sledgehammers

Jesus Christ. Have you inflicted upon us the “theatre influenced, all-consuming noise rock” equivalent of On/Off (ONOFF)?

Bjork is back. I like that she pushes the boat out and is always doing interesting new things but I can't listen to her
Yeah its a shame ..she's just on the verge of doing something I can love with this new stuff. Its all a bit jarring

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back